Chapter Twenty-Fve.

Darien craned his neck to the right as he looked at his crappy bruised up fully face. Two bruised eyes, the left side of his face looked at bruised pretty much. In all words, he finally looked like craps and couldn't believe how Lena could find a little attractive to be near his yesterday at all.

He touched his side where a wrapped gauze he had on since yesterday after Lena's mother help patched him up since he knows what a broken rib feels like and he doesn't need a doctor to tell him how to take care of it and rest may be a good idea, but he doesn't need to be kicked out of school for messing school.

Lena would kick his ass if he was kicked out.

Pain killers and warm drinks is all he needs.

Rebekah jumped against his legs and tried to climb up, but she failed and fell to the ground. He ignored the pain as he bent down and picked up by the back of her neck. She stared up at him and meowed up at him.

With his other hand, he scratched behind her ear and she purred. He couldn't stop himself from imaging it was Lena as a werewolf and scratching behind her ears.

Ash came to the door and leaned against the frame, "Who knew you were such a an animal lover. You bought way more stuff then I thought you would last night.".

"Well that sales lady bought me out of over a hundred dollars just for one small cat.", he said, walking over to ash. "Every hour, show her the litter box after ever nap and meal or whenever she looks like she has to go.", he said, giving her Ash.

"Wait! What?", he asked as Darien walked around him and grabbed his bag. "This is your cat, Darien, not mine.".

"And I can't watch her every twenty-four hours. I have school. All she does in the meantime is adventure around.", he said. "Good luck.".

"But Darien-"

Darien closed the door on Ash though before he could protest and he left for an excited-he rolled his eyes-day for school.

*

Lena wasn't sure what she was more excited about.

Waiting for Darien to arrive at school.

Or hoping Joey gets here first so she could beat the shit out of him.

But five minutes into waiting in the door, Darien made it first and she attacked him with a hug. She felt the gauze under him and loosened her hold. She pulled him aside from everyone and smiled up at him. Then she smelt that cat and made a face.

"I can smell that little demon.", she said

He chuckled and pecked her, "Jealous?'.

She scuffed, "Of a cat? Your losing it, Darien. Maybe Joey hit you to hard."

"You two are going to have be friend cause who knows, she might be with me for good.", he said.

She rolled her eyes and sighed, changing the subject from the evil feline cat. "You really think it's a good idea to come in today?

" I think I got enough rest yesterday after your mother stuffed with after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm fine, Lena, I've been worse. And I wont give Joey the pleasure of thinking he won.".

"I was kind of hoping to take care of that.", she said. "And I think after scaring him, he more pissing his pants scared to see you back here, probably thinking I've eaten you or something.'.

"Whoa, where did that come from?", he asked, chuckling. "I never hear you curse.".

She chuckled and wrapped her arms around him, "Well, you can be a bad influence.".