Chapter Fourteen.

Lena slapped her team mate's hands as they ran into the girl's locker room; winning the game. She had a huge smile on her and couldn't stop being happy. Coach was surprised to see her come out and playing so amazing, but Jenny didn't tell him about making out with a guy in the girl locker room.

Marci wasn't a happy camper about losing, but they shook their hand and said 'next time'. Lena was pretty cocky and said 'And I'll beat your ass that time to', but who knows, after tonight, Marci might work harder.

When everyone was in the locker room, Coach walked and congratulated everyone, "We had a good game tonight, I'm proud of you girls." he said. "And Lena, whatever you did to make yourself win, keep doing it. Now, if you ladies excuse me, I'm going to go brag to me old friend, Thomas, with this pretty trophy." he said as he left the locker room, admiring the trophy and all the girls giggled.

Everyone then started talking about Charity sleep over her was having for after the game. Lena didn't really feel like doing anything the rest of the night and Charity was a little disappointed that Lena didn't want to come, but shrugged it off.

Lena grabbed her jacket and threw it on. Her parents, Skyler and Haley and the little ones, Tristan and Colleen and Micah, and Jamie and Sophie were all waiting for her in the parking lot. She let her hair out of the French braid before leaving the locker room. She smelt herself as she walked down the hall and she knew she had to get a shower because she was sweaty.

She was kind of hoping she would see Darien, but she couldn't find him since he was hiding and with all the scents in the air, she couldn't seek him out. She thought maybe he just left, wasn't expecting him to stick around after. She didn't want to be that clingy girl anymore. Just let it come with the flow because it seems to be worker.

When Lena walked out of the school building, she began walking towards the parking lot where her family was, but a voice stopped her.

"Congrats.", Darien said and she turned to see him leaning against a tree where no one could see him. Hell, she wouldn't have noticed him if he didn't say anything.

She couldn't help but smile, "You stuck around after, how strange." she said, walking over to him. "Thought you would leave after it was over."

"And not tell you how amazing you did?" he asked, taking his hands out of his pocket. "Seems like the light in you burned back up."

"Well had a little help lighting it up.", she shyly said.

He looked over Lena shoulder, "Is that your family?" he asked and Lena turned her around and looked at her family who didn't even see her and Darien.

She chuckled, "Half of them. I have two other brothers and both of them either married or have a girlfriend."

"Damn, you have a huge family." he said. "Must be nice, to have a huge close family."

"What about yours?" she asked. "Don't you have any aunts or uncles? Cousins?"