Chapter Three

Chapter Three.

Lena couldn't stop being smiling. Ever since this morning, all she wanted was to be around Darien. She has never felt like this before and it kind of worried her. Her worries vanished when she remembered seeing how her brothers spent time with their mates every minute they could.

She has never had a boyfriend before; hadn't even been kissed. How could she kiss someone when she doesn't have any feelings for them? Not to mention her five older brothers who wouldn't dare let a boy near her unless they knew his possible intentions with their "little Lena'.

She started to worry about what having a mate would do to her soccer career. Would she start to care about Darien more and spend less time on soccer? Would she want to quiet and forget about it her whole life, only thinking about Darien?

She scoffed at the thought and rolled her eyes. She had watched her brothers play all their sports and have their girlfriends, still winning all them. She'll be fine.

Lena felt her lips curve into a smile as he thought about Darien. She decided to go find him now that school was over and most of the kids had gone home for the day. She hoped he was still there.

She hoped by the end of this week, she could get him to kiss her. When she got around to the corner of the sophomore hallway, she peeked her head around to see if he was there.

He was and so was someone else. He has pressing a guy she knew from the soccer team against the locker and glaring down at him. Her eyes widened and she quickly went up to stop his violent behavior.

"Hey, let go of him!" she hissed as she tapped his shoulder.

He turned his head around, "Leave us alone, Sunshine," he said, sucking his teeth. He turned his head back around to face Todd. Sure, Todd was a good five nine, but he wasn't the strongest. He would probably try to fight Darien, but Lena had a feeling Darien had a similar personality to the animal she's nicknamed him for, Wolverine.

She glared at his back and put her hands on her waist. She cleared her throat, "I said let go of him or I'll make you. I rather you just do it before a teacher comes out and see this."

He groaned and said as he turned around, "And I said leave us alone, Sun—ahh!" he said when Lena grabbed a hold of his chin roughly and made him look down at her.

She gave him a tight smile, "Darien, you don't scare me. So don't try and think just because you're some bully that you can scare me. I'm a big girl, I grew up with five older brothers, I can kick your ass right here if I wanted to but I won't, so leave my friend Todd alone."

He breathed out his nose heavily, "Fine, just let go of my chin. Your nails are digging into my skin, Sunshine."

She smiled now and let go of his chin. Todd ran away from behind Darien quickly. Darien rubbed his chin as he glared down at her. He turned his back to her to open his locker, ignoring her.

She frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. She leaned against the locker next to his, "So, Wolverine, what made you want to throw poor innocent Todd against your locker?"