Chapter Nineteen.

As if having an awkward day already being back to school and everyone looking at him, Darien got up after his third period class was over. Lena placed a hand on him arm, giving him a smile, before telling him she'll see him later at lunch and walked out of class as he walked over to Mr. Beckett desk where he was busy grading papers.

Like he thought, he was already having an awkward day from everyone staring at him. It's like they never seen a fight and someone get suspending before. Back in the city, no one care what happen to you unless you're a friend of them. They don't care what happened to you, but in a small town, everyone just wants to be in your business! And the hateful looks he would get from Joey Wright--he never seen a guy so mad before. He found it amusing though.

He tapped his knuckles against Mr. Beckett desk and he looked up at Darien, surprised. He took his glasses off, "Ahh, Darien, here to talk about that test you didn't get to do last week?".

Darien completely forgot about that test. He ran his hand under his nose, "Uh, yeah, sure. But something else really, you said,", he paused for a second, about to just leave the classroom, finding this quite embarrassing. But knowing Lena, she would nag his ear off about it. "Look, you said if I ever need to talk to someone about whatever, to come to you.".

Mr. Beckett at first looked surprised for a moment, "Yes I did and I must say, I'm surprised a little. But yes, we can talk. Not right now, but after school. It'll give you time to study for that test and talk afterwords.".

"Okay, after school.", Darien said, nodding. He turned to leave, but Mr. Beckett stopped him again.

"What made you want to talk to me finally?", he asked.

He hesitated, "Someone suggested I should.".

"Well whoever it was, is smart.", he said. "See you later, Mr Call.".

"Yeah.", Darien said, leaving the classroom. When he walked out, someone grabbed his jacket. Quickly thinking, he grabbed anything in reached and it was the guy shirt, pushing him against the wall. Darien came into view with Joey, they were both holding each other, "Not smart, Wright.".

"Not smart of you to ever move here.", he said.

"Are you pissed cause Lena's mine and not you?", Darien teased. "Get over it, she doesn't want you.".

"You don't deserve her.", he said. "A kid from the ghetto like yourself would never get to her level, she's way out of your level.".

"She sure doesn't seem to mind where I come from.", Darien said. "And what it looks like, she doesn't like rich boys who get manicures-"

A hand went on both their arms and pulled them away. Darien turned his head to see Mr. Beckett giving them both a warning look, "Classes, now.".

When they turned to leave, Mr. Beckett grabbed Darien and he groaned, "Darien, you just got back to school. Control you anger.".

"I'll try.", he said, walking away.

~_~_~

When Lena walked into class, she made eye contact with Becca who they both narrowed their eyes on each other, not looking so much as best friends anymore. Lena walked to the back of the class, planning on ignoring Becca, but Becca's eyes followed her.

She sat down, got her stuff ready. Seems like her and Becca are no longer friends. It hurt her still, that Becca would do something like that to her. She knew Becca had a crush on Darien, but didn't think she would go that far in making her look bad and steal Darien.

Lena looked up from her book and Becca glared at her before turning back around, her back to her now. Lena breathed out in relief, thanking that was over.

She never realized how much of bitch Becca was.

After class, they ignored each other again and when Lena stepped into the hallway, someone came by her side. She turned her head to see it was Julia, "May I help you?", Lena asked.

"So I hear you used Joey to get to Darien.", she said. "I must say, Lena, I'm shocked. I never thought Little-Miss-Perfect would do that.".

"Why is everyone saying that?!", she hissed. "I never said I was perfect and leave me alone, Julia, I don't need to hear anything from you.".

She chuckled, "Hey, I'm not going to say anything, but just. . .wow. I'm impressed.".

Lena looked at her confused and raised an eyebrow, "Foooor?".

"I never thought I would see that side of you.", she said. "So Helena Russo does have flaws.".

"Not much of a flaw.", she said. "I'm not having this talk with you.".

"And you don't have.", she said. "I'm just saying, you better watch. Many more girl are going to go after him, better keep your eyes on him. And it seems like you and Becca aren't much friends anymore, I heard she wants him to. You might need a new bestie now.".

"I'm not becoming friends with you.", Lena said, chuckling humorlessly. "You put gum in my hair in seventh grade and spelt water on my pants in sixth to make it look like I peed myself.".

"You live to much in the past.", she said. "But I'm just saying, if you ever want to go to the mall and get your hair done, call me.".

"Not likely to ever happen.", Lena said. "But thanks.", she said, turning to go the lunch room.

~_~_~

"Joey Wright is a spoiled rich football player, who can't fight.", Char said as he ate his bag of chips. "Believe me, Darien, he's not worth your time. Our fathers work together in the same company, but I beat his ass back in eighth grade for being to mouthy."

"I'm not worried about him.", Darien said. "But I have two strike on my record and if I get one more, I'm off to Juvy, some where I don't want to be.".

He laughed, "My cousin went there, he said it was like an asylum.".

"Greeeaaat.", Darien sarcastically said.

"Don't worry about Joey--if you want, I could give him a lesson.", he grinned. "I could have some fun with that.".

"I can handle my own battles.", he said.

"Oh, I know you can, but like you said, two strikes already--here come your girl.", he said, pointing at Lena who was walking over to them. "I must say, your lucky. I tired to get her to be my girlfriend last year, until her brother Jamie threaten me to stay away from her.".

"Why is everyone so hyped about her brothers?", he asked. "What's so great about them? I've met them.".

"They ran this school, they were the stars to this school. Everyone want to be their friends, trust me, you need to spend more time with them--what's up Lena!", he said when Lena sat down on the other side of Darien. "Why don't you look pretty as ever.".

Darien grabbed Char seat and tilt it a little to scare him and Char glared at him.

"What were you two talking about?", she asked.

"Nothing.", Darien said the same time Char said, "Your brothers.".

Lena raised an eyebrow, "My brothers?".

"Yeah, Darien thinks they aren't are cool as every says they are.", he said and Darien glared at him.

"Well they aren't.", Lena said and they both stared at her in surprised. She shrugged, "Their my brothers, if you lived with them, you'll understand. All of them smelled sometimes and they never pick up after themselves. So where's my kiss?", she asked, puckering her lips up at Darien playfully.

He chuckled and leaned down, pecking her.

Char groaned, "That's gross.".

Lena wrapped her arms around Darien and Darien grinned at him, "Your just jealous.".

"Hey, I can easily find a girl to be my girlfriend in a matter of five second. . . .if I didn't date half of the girls here already. Most of them hate me now.", he said, all of them chuckling.