Chapter Six

Lena shifted awkwardly on the floor of Darien's as she watched "Wrath of the Titans", the movie Darien had picked out. She wanted to make a move. Since the movie had started, they were just sitting next to each other awkwardly, not even talking.

She tried to think of something that would get Darien's attention, but her mind came back blank. Lena never had to try to get a guy's attention before; she never liked anyone before. It was kind of hard to like anyone when another part of you wanted only one person.

Lena knew it was stupid to try to kiss Darien after only two days of knowing each other, but she wanted to so badly. She could feel her cheeks redden, but he was her mate, there was nothing to be embarrassed about. Deep down, Lena knew that Darien wanted to kiss her back—even if he didn’t want to admit it to himself. He needed her, just like she needed him.

She hesitated, nervous. She turned toward him and closed her eyes, ready for him to notice and kiss her. After a moment of nothing happening, Lena began to feel awkward, she mentally asked herself why she thought this was a good idea.

Lena then heard a strange noise. Her eyebrows came together and she opened her eyes to find Darien fast asleep and snoring! Her face dropped. She didn’t even realize he had fallen asleep, that explains why he wasn’t moving much! She closed her mouth and sighed. No kiss for her today.

Lena checked the time on her phone; she didn’t need to be over at Angelina's to watch Tyler for another hour and half, but she figured should make her way home before her dad gets worried.

Lena hasn't told her parents about her mate because she doesn’t want to yet; at least not until they've become a couple. Plus, Darien was not the type of boy to bring home to the parents.

She wrapped Darien's arm around her shoulder and lifted him up from the floor, placing him on his bed. Lena thought he was so adorable while sleeping. He looked so peaceful and handsome; she couldn’t help but stare.

Lena grabbed the blanket that was on the floor and wrapped him up in it. She couldn’t stop herself from leaning down and kissing his forehead. She wasn't sure how a kiss turned in to her lying next to Darien, him moving his arm around her shoulder and her head on his chest, but she didn't mind.

Dad could wait twenty more minutes, she thought, snuggling closer to Darien and closing her eyes.

*

Lena ringtone went off loudly, surprising her and causing her to jump and fall off Darien's bed. Lena searched her pockets for her phone until she found it on a table. She saw that it was Angelina calling and saw the time. “Crap." she cursed and answered. “Angie, hey, I’m on my way, I’ll be there in five minutes!"

“Okay, I was making sure you were still coming. I have to be at the hospital in fifteen minutes." she said.

Lena chuckled, “Of course I’m going to be there. You just get yourself something to eat and I’ll be there soon.”

“Great, Lena, thanks. See you soon.”

“Yuppers," Lena replied before ending the call. She took a deep breath and rubbed her eyes as she turned around. She noticed Darien sitting up, rubbing his eyes.