Chapter Nine.

Darien sat on the steps on his apartment as he lit up a cigarette. Ash didn't like the smell and smoke being in his apartment. Darien couldn't believe he was cousins with that clean freaks. Their mothers has always been distance, but Ash was a relative and his Aunt Sandra couldn't take his rebellious behavior anymore, she sent him to live with Ash.

He breathed in the smoke and let it fell his body before he breathe it out with a sigh. How could his weekend go by so fast already? Tomorrow was Monday, meaning school. He was thinking about skipping and he thought, Why the hell not? They won’t miss me.

But maybe one would. Little Miss Sunshine would most likely notice he's not there. Chick is crazy and weird. Sure, she's beautiful--most beautiful girl he probably ever seen, but she's nuts. But why should that even stop him?

He finished his cigarette and put it down using his feet on the step. He got up and headed back to Ash apartment. When he walked him, he was taken back to see Ash's girlfriend on top of him as she kissed him. They were just sitting there before he left the apartment.

"Sorry.", he said, walking over to his bedroom and slammed the door shut up. He leaned against the door when she said something.

"Why'd you let him move in with you? You have no more privacy anymore and knowing your walls, they’re not sound proof.” she said. "And you know how Stacey is with hearing us in the middle of the night.”

"He's my cousin, I had no choice. He's family.” he said and Darien got pissed at the thought Ash 'had no choice' and took pity out on Darien. Darien didn't want his pity, he doesn't need anything from them! He survived on his own and he will when he turns eighteen cause him hell of sure know Ash won’t let him stay. He'll give it a few more months before Ash comes to his sense and wants to send him off to the next relative.

"And that mood of his, he always looks angry or sad. What's his deal?” she asked.

"He had a hard childhood; his parents were killed in an accident and he was sent off to live with different relative. Give him a break, Kiara.” he said.

"He's a smart ass to, Ash. I think its great you’re letting him stay here, but don't you miss it just being us?” she asked and Darien could imagine that pathetic puppy eye looks girls given by just the tone of her voice. "Can't he stay somewhere for a night or two?” she asked and Darien heard the sounding of kissing.

"I-I can see what I can do.", Ash said weakly as he chuckled.

Darien didn't want to hear this as they talked about him as if he someone annoying child and he didn't want to be here right now. He walked over to his bed where he jacket was and he slipped it on before leaving his bedroom where Kiara snapped away from Ash again, but Darien paid no mind to them as he walked over to the door.

"Darien where-"

But Darien shut them on him before he finished and left the apartment. He just hopes he doesn't get lost in this town. Why should he? The town so small. He isn't sure where he was going, but he just went down random streets and turned which way until he came to the 'town' part of Nash where all the stores were.