Chapter Four.

Lena frowned as she sat on a branch against a tree's trunk and watched the sun go down. What happened at the pizza shop was completely unexpected. The only thought that kept running through her mind was that Darien hated her.

She knew she was going to have to change the way Darien felt about her, she didn't know how she would. Darien has some serious issues and anger management issues he needed to deal with.

It had only been an hour since she had last seen him and Lena's heart ached already. She missed him and she wished she see him now so it would hurt so much. It was simple; her mate hated her. Lena wasn't sure if she was just overreacting, but the way he looked at her, it looked like he didn't care for her much.

She sighed and swung her leg over the branch and jumped off the tree. She decided to make her way home where she can be depressed in the comfort and privacy of her bedroom.

*

Darien couldn’t wake up from the bad dream he was having. The sound of his father hand hitting someone still made Darien jerk as if had occurred yesterday instead of years ago.

He dreamed of an occasion he remembered watching through the crack in his bedroom door. His father had come home heavily drunk and started beating his mother, cursing at her. Darien didn’t know why nor could he understand what his father was saying to know what his mother had done to warrant a beating.

Darien's father grabbed his mother and threw her against the wooden kitchen table. When she pocked herself up off the floor, her head was cut. She held her against the wound, crying. Darien remembered crying that night, wishing his father would stop hurting his mother.

“Nick, please!” he heard his mom scream. All he heard was his father's grunting.

He then heard his father's footsteps. Darien quickly backed away from the door and began crawling back; the fear in his body wouldn't help Darien get up. His bedroom door burst open and the light from the apartment living room flooded into his view. He couldn’t even see his father that well; he had been in his dark bedroom all day.

He father came near him, unbuckling his belt as came. Years later, Darien still screamed in his sleep.

“Ahhh!” Darien woke himself up screaming, without realizing that at the same time, his bedroom door burst open. His cousin Ash ran into Darien, pausing halfway when he saw Darien shaking. Darien's bare chest was rising and lowering rapidly and suddenly, he was freezing cold. Darien was sweating and the cold fall air was breezing in through the window he'd left open last night.

“Darien?” Ash said, stepping near Darien who was holding back the tear forming in his eyes.

“Get out!” Darien yelled at him.

“Dude, you were screaming bloody murder and—”

Darien grabbed the closest thing to him which happened a remote and threw it at him, “Get the fuck out!” he yelled as Ash dodged it.