Chapter Twenty-Three.

Darien was sleeping-not very well to be forreal-when he felt a cold water being thrown on him. He jumped and threw his body up, hissing in pain as he grabbed his side, and looking up to see Lena's mad dad and brother glaring at him. Both had their arms crossed over their chest and they look like they mean business.

"You broke my daughter heart.", her dad said and Darien cleared his dried feeling throat. "I always wanted to chase the guy who would ever do that to out this house with my gun, but since she begged me not to, I guess just kicking your ass out is fine for me.".

Darien took the blanket off and slowly got up from the bed, "Be gentle, I'm still pretty beaten up.", he sarcastically said.

Her brother made a weird growling sound and stepped towards him, pushing him back down on the bed and Darien eyes shut in pain, cursing under his breath, "Not so soon, Darien.".

"And to thought I liked you in the beginning.", her dad said.

"Well I wasn't much of a daddy pleaser.", he said. "Don't worry, I'm leaving and leaving Nash soon. You wont see me again.".

"Yeah, about that, your not leaving.", he said. "Your cousin Ash wont give up his guardian ship for you and my son, Tristan, is a cop, so if you try to run away, we'll find you. All five of my sons will track your ass down, so you wouldn't get far. You see, they all love Lena and do anything for her.".

"Please tell me your family isn't some kind of mafia family.", he said, jokingly. "You sound just like the Godfather.".

He chuckled, "No, we're more...different. But hey,", he said, slapping Darien back hard and probably meant to, "I really think you should let Lena explain herself before you try to leave. You hear her out maybe youll get us.".

Darien opened his mouth to say something smart, but her father gave him a looked and he stayed quite. "We have school we should-"

"Your cousin and I have taken care of that already. They expect you both back tomorrow though. But right now, while your up, you two are going to talk since I do see you look pretty okay today and can stand up on your own. Strong boy, it would be ashamed if my boys would have ruin that face even more.", he said, patting his face before turning around and left, Jamie behind him.

A second later, Lena came to the door and leaned against the door frame. Around her eyes were red and puffy. Her hair was down and kind of looked like she just brushed through it. She had another summer dress and she didn't have the normal sparkle in her eyes.

"Ready?', she asked.

"For what exactly?", he asked.

She bit her lower lip, "I do have another secret, Darien. Your not going to believe it unless I show you it, so well you come with me?".

"Your not going to take me out into the woods and rape me, right?", he sarcastically asked, moving his head towards the side and winced at her.

She chuckled once, "Ha-ha, but no. You wanna know how I'm so different from other girls, so I'm going to show you. And explain why your so important to me.".

He sighed and thought about. He wasn't sure if it was the right thing. He was going to try his best to avoid Lena cause leaving was going to make it so much easier. She was right, he does push people away. But the thought of being love, it scared him and God, how much he loved that girl scared him.

He couldn't resist following her out the room and downstairs. He grabbed his jacket as on their way out which was next to the window and picked it on. He watched Lena step into the cold grass and not shiver as all as they walked into the woods.