Chapter One

Chapter One

Darien frowned, watching out of the car window as his cousin drove through the streets of the small town of Nash. He was confused as he wondered, 'Where is everyone?' Sure, it’s fall but still, back in Brooklyn, people were still outside doing things. That’s why he hated moving to small towns, he couldn’t stand the quiet. He was used to falling asleep to the sounds of trains, sirens, and people yelling; the silence is going to kill him.

“What do you want to order, Darien?" his cousin Ash asked him. “I could go for some Chinese.”

“There are places you can eat around here?” he asked sarcastically. “ 'Cause I don’t want to wait forty five minutes for my dinner to get here from the city and it be cold when I get it.”

Ash chuckled humorlessly, “Okay, I get it smartass, you don’t want to be here buut my mom said living with someone closer to your age could probably make you feel more relaxed.”

“You're twenty-four.”, Darien said. “Oh yeah, you're close to seventeen.”

Ash sighed. "Why are you so angry, Darien?” he asked.

Darien stayed quiet as he ignored his cousin. He has many reasons to be angry. His mom was a sweet lady—didn’t deserve the life she had. But his father didn’t want her to leave him and he'd threaten her. The man that his mother had loved so much ended up being the reason she died.

His father was a drug addict who got in a car accident when he was ten by crashing into another car, killing both himself and Darien's loving mother. All of the trauma his father had put him through still hurt as if it were yesterday — he closed his eyes, trying not to remember those horrible nights.

Darien had been passed around, living with four different relatives every since, all of whom had lived in the city until his aunt couldn’t take Darien's behavior in school and thought coming to living with Ash who he'd only met a few times would be best for him.

All Darien wanted was to live on his own. He’d be much better off being alone. He had always been alone and why should that change? Being alone means no friends, girlfriend, family, or worse: having a family of his own. He’ll only get screwed in the end.

When they got to Ash's apartment, Darien only had a few suitcases to unload. He didn't have much, just clothes, some CDs, a couple of movies, a couple hundred dollars he'd been saving up, and a photo of him and his mom from when he was four.

Ash helped bring Darien's stuff up to the third floor of the five floor apartment building. It was one of those old scary ones with a crappy elevator, but Darien knew it was better to live somewhere then nowhere. All that was left now was to find a job so he can continue saving up for when he turned eighteen and could live on his own.

He has ran away before, many times and the police would always bring him right back when they found him.

***

Lena bounced the ball back and forth on each foot as her friends and teammates cheered on her on. Lena was on fifteen now before the ball decided it was over and it slid off her right foot.

“Aww,” the crowd sympathetically said, making Lena chuckle.

“I’m still going to beat Charleston next week at the competition,” she said kind of cockily, but only to keep the negativity out. She knew her cousin Marci played on that team and was an older wolf, so she had to practice really hard and have no distractions. These were times she was happy her mate didn’t come yet so she could focus on school and soccer.

Her best friend Becca hugged her as she came up to Lena. They both went on to talk about how their weekends had gone. Lena didn't do anything interesting, just running with Jamie when he wasn’t with Sophie. Lena loves them both, but she wished she wasn’t the youngest so that she could run with all her brothers. Lena ran alone now mostly since her father didn’t shift much now since he had hit his late forties.

“So I hear there a new kid," Becca said, giggling. “A boy, I heard when I walked pass Julia that he’s super hot and looks kind of like a bad boy.”

“Great, "Lena said sarcastically. “What we need, another bully in school.”

“Did I mention he was hot?”, Becca asked and Lena sighed at her boy-crazy best friend.

“Do you know this for a fact?” Lena asked. “Have you seen him because you and I both know Julia goes for those bad boy who look like they're on crack just to piss her parents off.”

“Well, no, I haven’t seen him,” she said. “But we don’t get to many new students here and aren’t you a bit curious to what he looks like?”

Lena shrugged, “I don’t really care.” she said “I’m more worried about Mrs. Martinez's Spanish test today. Apparently my Spanish isn’t ‘muy bien’ enough after two years still.”

“Will you please come with me at least to go see what he looks like?” she begged. “He’s in our grade, so we know where to find him.”

“By 'go see', you mean 'go sneak' to see what he looks like?” Lena asked. She knew her friend well enough to know she liked to spy on the guys she likes before getting the courage to go talk to him.

“Whatever you like to call it", Becca waved off and chuckled. “So will ya?”

Lena thought about for a second. If she didn’t, Becca would beg all day. Lena sighed, “Fine.”

Becca squealed and clapped her hands excitedly as she wrapped her arm around Lena. Together, they went forwards towards the sophomore hallway. Right when they got to the to the hallway, they hid behind the corner and leaned their heads around.

The scent of fresh mint with a hint of raspberry hit Lena's nose. She was wondering who had bought a new perfume when a certain guy she never seen before down the hallway caught her attention. Her mouth opened a little bit and she felt herself blushing. Her heart gave a strange jolt she never felt before other than when she saw adorable puppies or babies.

She wanted to touch him and have him hold her. She thought it was weird, but she wanted it. The boy was gorgeous: brown hair that reminded her of Superman, light honey color skin, making her question if he had any Native American or Spanish in him, small hazel eyes. His black t-shirt clung to him and his strong looking arms, they weren’t huge, but it looked like he worked out. He was tall, maybe five foot nine or six feet. He was very handsome and it made Lena almost drool over him.

Lena then felt something she had never felt; like the other part of her wanted him, needed him. Her eyes widened when she realized who he was. He was hers!

So I have decided that I liked the idea of Lena story to and I couldn't help but show you a little of what's to come soon! I don't know when i'll start it, but i'll let you guys know when I write the next chapter and start it! I hope you guys are excited! One of the Russo's is back and yes, more Tyler!(:

So in the mean time, if you guys want to go read another werewolf story, go read Midnight Dream, i'm sure you'll guys like it! Very please? Thank you!

Also, if you guys want to help me figure out who should play Lena and Darien, I would appreciate it!