Chapter Twenty-One.

Lena felt like she couldn't breath after Darien told her about what happen with Mr. Beckett. Darien had a shameful look on his face as he played with the top of his coffee up lid. They were at the park and it was pretty dark out, but neither of them wanted to go home.

She couldn't believe what she just heard. She already thought Darien had a bad childhood, but it turns out his childhood was a nightmare. His father made Abigail's father seem like a saint! His father was worse, he was a monster!

"So you know why I was very locked away in the beginning.", he said. "I hated the world and everyone in it. I didn't want to get close to anyone and I know they'll always end up leaving me in the end and all people aren't good as they seem.".

Lena wished his father was still alive so she can kill him with her own crawls! She got up from the bench, "How could he do that to you?", she growled between her teeth. "I just want to kill him so bad right now. He wouldn't have gotten away so easily if he was cause I would had made sure he died slowly and painfully.", she said and she didn't realized her eyes changed, but luckily the lamp post was dim.

"I would love the same thing.", he said, not moving. "But instead, he got a quick death and my mom was the one to suffer. Mr. Beckett said I have to forgive him to be able to move on, how can I do that? After all he did.".

She sat back down next to him and put her hands on his arms, "I'll never let anything or anyone hurt you again, Darien, I promise.".

He gave her a half smile, "Aint I suppose to be the one telling you that?", he asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

Lena wanted to yell and scream, kick and punch, and run. She wanted to do something wild get all the rage out of her and she couldn't do that right now. Darien needed her and she was going to be here for him as long as she has to. But damn, was her wolf scratching to get out.

"I wasn't innocent either.", he said. "I made a boy go deaf.".

"An accident, I'm sure you didn't mean to do it.", she said.

"Lena,", he said, taking her hands off him. "I beat him, hard. I could have stopped, but I didn't. I didn't realize how wrong it was until now. What if I get mad with you?".

"Believe me, you wouldn't be able to lay a hand on me.", she said. "Cause I'll just put my hands back on you and my punch would be so much hard then yours.", she chuckled. "But Mr. Beckett going to help you, get you in a kind of therapy you like. MMA going to be a good thing for you.", she said, giving him a smile and placed her hand on his face, "Your going to be fine.".

"I never thought I would be able to tell anyone about this. I thought you were going to think I'm some...freak and want nothing to do with me after all this.", he said. "I'll admit, I'm afraid to lose you now, Lena.".

Her heart felt like it got bigger and she smiled bigger, so happy he finally said that. He couldn't live without her, all she wanted to hear from him. Someone needed her and wanted her. She was alone for what feels like forever and now someone loves her.

"No secrets now between us, I guess.", he said.

She wanted to frown now, but she forced herself to continuing smiling as she took her hand off his face, "Right.".

He narrowed his eyes on her and looked at her confused, "What? Is there something you need to tell me?", he asked. "I can see it in your eyes, Lena, what is it?".

She bit her lower lip, thinking about if it's the right time to tell him. She knows for sure she can trust him now, but right now, it didn't feel right. This weekend she'll tell him, when he has time to think about and not worry about school.