Chapter Five

Lena was seconds away from turning all wolf on the bitch. She walked over around the table and tapped Julia's shoulder. Both Darien and Julia looked up at her. Lena gave them a stiff smile, “I was planning on sitting there.”

She turned in her seat to look up at Lena and gave her a smile, “Oh were you? Well Lena darling, there is another seat next to him.”

“I know," Lena said, giving her a hateful look. “But I wanted that one.”

Julia chuckled, “Well to bad, sweetheart. Actually before you rudely interrupted us, Darien and I were having a wonderful conversation.”

“Well that’s too bad," Lena said. “Because I was hoping for the same thing.” Lena had temporarily forgotten all about Becca.

“Well that’s too bad—”

“Well, why don't you stop starting every sentence with ‘well?” she growled, saying ‘well’ in a preppy voice that sounded close to Julia’s.

Julia glared at her and didn’t move. When she didn’t move an inch, Lena glared more dangerously at her, trying to keep her wolf from coming out and attacking her. Her wolf would probably feel no regret—but she isn’t the one who would get in trouble. Lena walked over to the other side of Darien sat down next to him and Becca sat next to her. Darien suddenly looked uncomfortable even though he was trying to hide it.

“I would actually like to be alone," Darien said.

“Ha!” both girls said

“By myself, I meant," he added.

Both girls looked at him in shock—Lena couldn’t believe he had just said that to her! Her own mate didn’t want her to sit with him? Now she was pissed her off even more than before!

Lena turned in her seat and started to eat her food angrily. She was not going to leave—letting her mate be around that slut alone is not going to happen. Not today and not ever!

~_~_~

Lena watched Darien at his locker as she quickly packed her stuff and put her Aviators on. She saw him put on his black leather jacket, grab his binder, and close the locker door.

She cursed to herself and hurried along, throwing the things she needed in her bag and closing her locker. Thankfully, she was quick enough to catch up with him as he turned the corner down the hall. She quickly looped an arm around his and said, “Boo! Hope I scared ya!” she said in a cheery tone. She couldn’t stay mad with him. He was too cute.

She didn’t scare him. “Whatcha want, Sunshine? Don’t you have something else to do other than bother me?”

“Nope, not today," she said. “So, Wolverine, what do you want to do today? I have to babysit at seven thirty, but we can do something until then.”