Chapter Eighteen.

Lena was dreading as she walking over towards her school. Yesterday was just fabulous--she rolled her eyes--and what could today bring? More hateful looks from Joey and a jealous insane soon to be ex-best friend.

When she was close to the school building, she heard a whistle and her head snapped to the right. She looked around until she came to in sight to a tree. She was surprised to see Darien hiding half his body behind it.

She looked at the front entrance to see if any teachers saw him, but no one did. She turned and jogged over to him. She couldn't help but smile seeing him, "What are you doing here?", she asked. "You can't be on school grounds until tomorrow.".

He put his arms around her, "I thought I'll come save you and we can spend the day together. It got so boring being alone at the apartment.".

"You mean, skip school?", she questioned.

He nodded, "Yeah.".

She chuckled and patted his chest, "Real funny, Darien.".

"I'm serious.", he said. "Come on, Sunshine, do something bad for once.".

"Like skip school? Do you know how much trouble I'll get in if they call my parents?", she asked. "I have never skipped school and I don't plan to do that now.".

"Prude.", he said to her surprise.

She stared at him with her eyes widen, "Excuse me?".

He shrugged, "Nothing, just. . .prude.".

"I'm no prude!", she said.

He chuckled, "Lena, being with me comes with a cost. Live dangerously, skipping one day of school is not going to kill you.".

"Could get me grounded.", she said.

"For how long? A week? Being the girl and the baby, I'm sure it has it advantages.", he said. "You're a goodie to shoes, they probably wont even call in, believing your actually sick. I'll even make you an excuse, playing as your dad. Believe me, I'm a good plagiarism.".

"Oh really?", she questioned, crossing her arms over her chest. "Like how?".

"Some things you don't need to know.", he said. "Now come on, lets go.".

"I can't!", she said.

"Why not?", he asked. "Just spend the day with me, lets destroy this town, get yourself a tattoo, and do things you never thought yourself would do.".

She chuckled and lowered her head, taking her eyes on his adorable face, "I don't know, Darien...".

"I guarantee you'll have a fun day.", he said, lowering his head and kissed her right cheek, his mouth leading to her mouth.

She blushed hard, "Okay, okay!", she said, pushing him back. "But I have to be back by three, I still need to make it to soccer practice.".

"Deal.", he said, chuckling.

She shook her head while chuckling, "Gosh, Darien Aric Call, your trouble.".

He stepped away from the tree and took her hand, "And you just realized that?", he questioned, pulling her away from school. "Come on, I'm teaching your how to live. So, what is there to do this in town? If this was the city, it would be different, but I still don't know much about it here.".

"Well,", she said, pressing her lips together and thought. "We could go get something to eat and go by the pond. Mostly everyone goes there just to hang out.".

"I thought more like going to Jepsen.", he said.

Her eyes widen, "That city? That's a good forty minutes away.", she said.