Chapter Seventeen.

Lena knocked on Darien apartment door, just wanting to open it so she could go in his arm and forgot about today. She had a long day; she was kind of cranky. She didn't even want to stay in school today, but she knew she had to. Skipping was one of the many thing she wasn't good at doing. And then she didn't even want to go to practice, but she forced herself.

When the door opened, she smiled, but it lowered a little when Ash opened the door, "Oh.".

"The kind of hurt, Lena.", he said. "And I thought that pretty smile was for me.", he sarcastically said. He checked her out--not in a lusty or any romantic kind of way--and grinned at her practice uniform, "Nice outfit.".

She'll admit, she doesn't look her best. She kind of had dry sweat on her forehead to and her hair was back in a French Dutch braid. She's just happy she doesn't smell or she would have gotten a shower in the locker rooms, but she wanted to come here quickly. She doesn't care if she looks horrible. She looked down at herself before looking back up at him, "I know, it's just the trend now a day.".

He chuckled and stepped aside. As she walked in, he was in a fancy shirt and dress pants, "Going somewhere?", she asked.

"Yes. I hope I look dashing enough for a fancy Italian dinner that going cost me a good pay check.", he said, cringing for a second. "But you know, she's worth it.".

Darien bedroom door opened and he walked out with sleepy face and Lena thought he looked so adorable. Also, he was in flannel pajama pants and shirtless. "Ash, shut up and-oh. It's five already?", he asked, bring the watch he had around his wrist up. "Oh damn.".

"Those pills are working then.", Ash said, grabbing his jacket.

Darien face scrunched up and gave Ash a look like he wanted to kill him while Lena stood there confused. What pills?, she questioned herself.

Once Ash grabbed his jacket and keys, he was out of here. Lena took her jacket up and walked over to Darien, "Anything you want to tell me?", she asked.

He scratched the back of his head and Lena just found him more adorable. He kind of even look childish. "I might get an A on two of my math homework.".

"What 'pills' that Ash are talking about are 'working'?", she asked.

Darien shrugged and turned around, walking over to his room, "I have no idea.".

She followed him into the room, "Darien, tell me. At least what kind of pills are they?".

Darien sat on his bed and ran his hands down his face, "Relaxing pills.".

"Relaxing pills?", she asked. "For....?"

"Don't worry, their prescribed to me.", he said.

She walked up in front of him, "Not what I was thinking, Darien.", she said, even though in the tiny bit in the back of her mind, she was wondering if he was taking drug. "Why?".

"Why does it matter?", he asked, shrugged. "They keep me calm and tired, weak pretty much.".

"Because why?", she asked, waving her hand for him to go on.

"Like I said, why does it matter?", he asked. She gave him a stubborn look and he clicked his tongue, chuckling as he got up from the bed, "Look, Lena, why I'm taking them isn't important. Why should it be important?", he asked, turning away from her to move over towards the window. "They keep me. . .they keep me calmed. You should be happy I'm taking them.".

She walked over to him, "I'm just curious, Darien.".

"You should be curious to why your friends with Becca.", he said.

She stared at the back of his head, her eyebrows together, confused. "What?", she asked.

He turned against and leaned against the window ceil, "She came over here after school, stoned. She was talking trash about you.".

"What?", she said, angry. "Are you telling me the truth, Darien? Becca wouldn't do that, she's my best friend.".

"Not so much anymore.", he said. "She came over, let herself in, starting talking crap and tried to get with me.".

"And what did you do?", she asked.

"Well if she had been a guy, punch the hell out her and then kick her out, but I just kicked her out.", he said. "You should look for a new best friend.".

"I can't believe this.", Lena said. She scuffed, "And I thought she was my best friend, I should have realized something like this would have happened. She has wanted you since day one.", she said. "We were growing apart ever since last year, we've changed so much.", she said, turning around, not wanting him to see her look sad, not believe her friend would do something like this.

When she wanted Darien to wrapped his arms around her, hug her, and tell her it's going to be okay, she just grow more frustrated when he didn't. But she wasn't going to take her anger out on him because she was mad at Becca.

She did feel one of his hand go on her shoulder, "Lena, come on, don't worry about her-",

She shrugged his arm off and turned, "No, Darien, don't tell me not to worry about it. She's been my best friend ever since I was little, I feel betrayed and hurt. You don't get it.".

"Your right, I don't.", he said. He placed his hand on her arm, "But I know you'll move on from this.".

She took his hands off her arm, "I'm mad, don't touch me.".

"Oh come on.", he said, putting his hands on her waist and brought her closer to him. "It'll be alright.".

She shook her head, "No, no it wont.", she said. "And I'm still angry, stop!".

He chuckled, making he grow more angrier, "Lena Russo? Mad? Sure, I seen you throw a tantrum, but never seen you mad. It's kind of cute.".

She glared at him, "Shut up, Darien.".

"Will a kiss make it better?", he asked.

"No, let go of me.", she said, pushing at his chest, but she knew if she really wanted him to let go of her, she could do it.

"Come on, just one.", he said, leaning his head down and before she could say anything, he kissed her and she felt she forgot everything for a couple of moments till he pulled back.

She glared up at him again, "That wasn't cool.".

"Niether is your sweaty salty lips, but you don't see me complaining.", he said and she gasp, her hands coming up to her mouth in embarrassment.