Chapter Twelve.

Right when Lena stepped into the school building, she immediately saw a tired looking Darien turning the hall to walk up the stairs. She smiled and quickly walked towards him so she wouldn't be stopped by any teachers. She dodged other student and when she turned the hallways, he was already half way up the stairs. She ran up them now and grabbed his arm, "Hello!", she sang and closed her eyes, stepping up on her tip toes, and ready for a kiss, but it never came and she felt his arm slip out of her arms.

She opened her eyes and her face flushed up when people around her looked at her like she was crazy. She blushed, realizing maybe he wasn't too much of a PDA person. She just thought he would want to kiss her cause every time she see her brother meeting up with each other, they always kiss quickly. Maybe she just expected too much.

She jogged up the stairs to meet up with Darien, "So I have a soccer game tomorrow, I would like it if you came.”

"Don't hold your chances.” he said, not looking at her. She frowned and went to touch his arm, but he jerked back, "Look, just leave me alone.”

She froze, staring at his back confused. Did he just tell me to leave him alone . . . again? she questioned herself. Where's the Darien from yesterday?

She caught up to him, "Excuse me? Darien, why are you being an ass again?”

"I ask myself that since it seems to never get you to leave me alone.” he said.

She grabbed his arm and pulled him aside to where no one was, "I'm serious.” she said. "What happened to the guy I kissed yesterday? I liked him much better than this Darien.”

"That guy doesn't exist.” he said. "Now leave me alone or else. And I'm serious, Lena, I don't want you around me anymore. You'll only bring me suffer and I have gone through enough of that in my life.” he said, turning away before she say something.

"But Darien!” she called when he disappeared into the crowd of student and she felt alone again. She seriously thought she had him. She knows the kiss had to mean something to him, but is he acting so cruel to her again? She got him to open up and he's just shutting her back out again.

*

Darien walked into Mr. Beckett room, but he really wishes he could be somewhere else right now. He walked over to his usual seat he sit in and he felt eyes on him. But they weren't a certain female eyes. He looked up and he saw Mr. Beckett eyeing him before he wiggled his finger for Darien to come over to him.

Darien rolled his eyes and forced himself to get up, "Damnit.", he whispered to himself as he walked over to Mr. Beckett table. "Yes?” he asked, his tone not very sweetly.

"I'll need you to come to lunch to take your test since you weren't here yesterday.” he said.

"Fine.", Darien said, half way turning around before he spoke again.

"Hold up, Darien.” he said and Darien turned back to face him, holding a groan back. "I would also like to talk to you after it.”