55 - Take the pain away

Alexis' p.o.v

The doctor was talking to Gabriel and Vanessa outside the room.

Cam, Zara and I were outside the room too. Darren, Dante and Sean were inside doing who knows what.

Our Noelle was gone.

The sweet, kind, naive little girl was gone. She wasn't our Noelle anymore. And I can't help but think it was my fault.

The Noelle on the hospital bed was different. She didn't have her memories and she didn't even sound like Noelle.

She didn't have the sweet voice Noelle had. Her voice sounded like she was a bit more mature.

She had little interests in the things Noelle liked. She didn't even know what she liked.

It was weird for her to get to know everyone from the start. I didn't know if she would get her memories back.

But the doctor said that she slowly would.

I just hoped so.

I missed her so much.

She was here but she was so far away. She felt weird around the guys cause they were way older than her and they had a tough build.

I felt so bad for the guys. None of them were gonna be the same after this.

I was scared to meet Dante. To let him see me. I wondered if he would blame me.

I didn't want that to happen.

Tears were everywhere. No one could have imagined something like this ever happening.

Cam and I were beside each other when I spoke.

"I can't help but feel like I have no rights to mourn with everyone here."

She held me tight trying to pet me.

"Do you really think we all feel that way?!" I heard Dante say from a distance.

He heard me.

"Everyone here has the right to cry for her. This is what she wanted to do. She risked her memory for your life-"

"Dante!" Vanessa interrupted before he continued.

"The least you could do is to honour that. Crying for her isn't the crime. Saying shit like that is." He said and walked away.

He left me in shock. I was completely speechless.

Vanessa looked at me and said, "Don't let this get to you. He just isn't in the right state of mind."

I decided it was time for me to leave.

Everything was just too much.

I drove to the beach house, crying on my way.

It hurt so much. I didn't know if I should be should thankful or to hate myself.

And Dante only made it worse.

Mom was in the worst situation ever. I knew Aiden would never kill her. But he would torture her.