41 - We'll be alright

Alexis' p.o.v

No one was in the room when I woke up.

It felt so nostalgic.

Why did I keep waking up on a hospital bed?

Well, perks of being a mafian.

I tried to stand and resulted in pushing one of the medical stands to the floor.

Camille and Dante quickly rushed in trying to get me to stay in bed all the while complaining and lecturing me.

"You're awake." He said after setting me on the bed.

"And you're happier than usual." I joked.

"I think we both know why." He said with a smirk. Then he winked at me and I remembered we kissed.

I kissed him...

Big step.

Dante wasn't my first kiss. I kissed only when I needed to. For seduction to get what I wanted.

But I'd never kissed out of love.

Love? Did I just say that?

I felt my face heat up.

"You're the worst." I said with a frown and he laughed.

He came close to me and placed his hand gently on my cheeks.

"I'm so glad you're alive. But at the same time I want to kill you."

"Dante!" Cam exclaimed.

"Why the hell did you think you could take on those beasts?"

"They were more like ants. They weren't the strongest of the Deaths."

Deaths means Deathsnake btw.

"And the only reason I lost is because someone informed them that I was coming."

"That reminds me." I said looking at Cam. "Why did you tell them where I was going?"

"I didn't. Zara did. She didn't know she wasn't supposed to. And you should thank her by the way. If she didn't tell Sean, no one would have known."

"You would have known. That's enough people. If she didn't tell anyone, I would have ended those bastards."

"You think I haven't forgotten what you did? You removed your trackers! How could you?!"

"Well you still found me so that means you placed another tracker. You don't even trust me enough."

"Why would I when you just proved you're not worthy by removing those trackers?"

As we kept going on, Dante stared at us wondering which one of the two of us was insane.

"Okay shut the fuck up both of you."

"Don't tell us what to do!" We both said at the same time.

He was taken back and decided to give up.