34 - Back up...What!

Alexis' p.o.v

I slowly backed away with a shocked expression evident on my face.

Suddenly, my back hit a surface and I turned around.

Dante was standing at my back with a confused expression.

"You were taking your time. I needed to see if you were slacking off." He said and never in my life had I been terrified of him the way I was now.

I backed away from him, my back about to hit the door then Sean and Darren came out.

It was like they knew the truth about me and were cornering me.

You know the feeling when you didn't know your mom wasn't your mom and you loved her so much then later you find out she killed your real parents and she was going to later kill you too?

Kind of like Rapunzel or the promised neverland, that anime.

Yes. How they all felt, to think you were on the good side not knowing everyone around you were your enemies.

I felt like that and worse because they surrounded me.

I ran towards the elevator and pressed the button to take me back up.

My hands were shaking. They were all confused. They tried stoping me but the elevator door closed before they could make it.

I needed to see Camille. Not for her comfort but for an explanation.

She brought me here saying it was to help. This only brought me to a tight spot. I had nowhere to go.

I reached the main floor and speed walked around the whole building looking for her.

I found her and said, "We need to talk now!"

"Is something wrong?" She asked worried.

"I just need to talk to you right now! Can we use your car?" I asked because her car was sound proof.

She nodded and we strolled to her car. When we got in I said, "Did you know the Ciners and the Titans were partners?"

She gasped like she knew and looked down trying to find an explanation.

"So you knew!" My fingers dug into my pants. She lied to me.

"Alexis, it's not what you're thinking."

"So then what is it?! I've been surounded by my enemies all this while. Your not excluded!" I shouted. She looked at me, suprised and also sad.

"Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

"I did it to protect you."

"From what?! This isn't protection. Thanks to you, if they find out who I am, it's straight to Genvi for me!

"You wanted me to tell Dante who I was. You knew and you wanted me to tell him. What kind of a friend are you?"

"There's a reason for this."

"Is this the thing you said you couldn't tell me? That you were trying to ruin me and not help me?"