2 - Revenge

Alexis

I had many chances to kill him but I never took it. I knew that if I made the slightest mistake and failed, he would torture my mother. He always did but he would more so if I messed up.

My mother, Iris Torenzo... eww. I hated that she had his surname. He didn't deserve her. I never really saw her. It was only five times in the twenty years I'd spent on the earth.

The first three were when I was very little. The fourth was on my 16th-year-old birthday and the fifth was one week ago when I heard she ran away.

The door suddenly opened that day, interrupting me from my worried thoughts. I thought I would never see her again but that changed when she was brought in by the guards.

One look at her was all I needed to know how much she suffered. She was covered in dried blood and I was sure she hadn't eaten in days. As they brought her in, she saw me and smiled. She always did. What was she trying to prove? That it was alright? It wasn't!

At that moment, my heart stopped. Seeing her like that made me feel so broken. We didn't grow up like a normal family but she was my mom and nobody deserved to suffer like that. I knew my father tortured her every chance he got and I'm not talking fifty shades here.

She was not from Sicily. That, I knew. I was never told about my past or how my mom got here but I was going to find out. My father told my brother and me that he had a special job for us. We were to meet him later in the night.

My brother, Alex, told me the location of our mom in the house. I didn't even know she stayed with us. I was surprised that he knew. "Just act like you're bringing in her food and everything will be fine. Go, wear this," he said in a hurry while holding the maid's wear.

I took the clothes in my hands, confused. "What is all thi-"

"I don't have time to explain. Just go," he said walking away.

It was underground, in a place we were prohibited to go in. As I got there, I saw two guards standing at the entrance of a wide door. 'She must be in there.'

It worked like a charm. I walked up to them and they let me in without questions. When I got in, it was dark with a little light to spare from a window. The whole room had an eerie feeling. There was a bed and nothing more.

Mom lied on the bed with her body cuddled up together. I quickly rushed to her but she paid no attention. "Mom, It's me," I whispered.

She sat up quickly and a weak smile came on her face. "Darling, Alex told you to come. Good," she replied as I dropped the tray of food.

"I made sure to bring lots of food-"

"No time for that dear. Look, I can't explain but take this," she said, bringing out a silver flash drive that looked priceless. It was placed into a strap making it look like a necklace.

"What is this?" I asked.

"I know what Genvi plans to do this night so I need you to take this and whatever you do, however you feel after what he does, I want you to run. Run to the border in the north. You'll meet a woman named Camille. Trust her. She's gonna give you an account number and a card. I want you to use that money to survive wherever you go. Don't worry it won't ever finish."