19 - Our Ride

Alexis p.o.v

Bullets scraped me and I hissed in pain.

I got down as the car glided in different directions.

I suddenly felt Dante's face on my boobs. Oh my gosh! What the fuck just happened?!!

I tried to suppress the urge of anything I was feeling that moment because of the situation. He started shooting the enemy at our back.

He had a serious look. The driver was shooting too and I wanted to join in but he wouldn't let me.

Gradually, we slipped from their hands and we lost them. I started bleeding heavily. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm good."

"You don't look so good." He commented.

"Whatever. Where are we?" I asked as the driver drove in a direction I didn't recognise. We were definitely lost.

"We're lost right?" I asked as the driver kept going and I noticed Dante bring out the first aid box. He stretched out his hand and asked for mine to heal the scraping on my hand.

I gave my hand to him and he did whatever he did.

"So how are we getting home? I don't even know this area." I said when he was done, looking outside the window.

"I can track down our homes and get you back but it's going to take a long time." He said.

"Ok, this is getting too much. Why would they want to attack me?" I asked, not that I was scared. I mean, I was killshot.

"They are after you because you're with me.

"The underworld won't believe even if I tell the press that we aren't dating, it's fucked."

Then I remembered. "You should say sorry for putting your head in my boobs." I said blushing really bad.

He smirked. "I'll do it again if you don't shut up."

"It was so unprofessional Dante."

"We're on a date. There ain't nothing like that." He said then continued. "I like the feel btw."

"Seriously Dante. Apologize." I said in frustration.

"Did you just tell me what to do?" His tone changed but I knew he was kidding. Atleast I hoped so.

"You heard me. Even if it was a mistake, you should apologize. It's the humane thing to do-"

He suddenly pushed me to the chair so my back was lying down and he was above me.

His knee was in between my legs, hand on my waist, other hand cupping my chin.

"Don't push it Adams. I told you if you ever disrespected me again, I would punish you. You really want me to. I see that now." He muttered with a harsh tone.

"Why the fuck would I want you to punish me?"

"The way you're acting. You know I hate that attitude. And you know what I would do to you if you acted like that."