20 - We Hitmen

Alexis' p.o.v

"Why me."

"Because you're the event planner?"

"There are at least three other planners in the whole Martell!" I didn't like what I was hearing.

And it wasn't just the creepy part about it.

"Something's up." I concluded.

"Maybe he knows!!"

"No he couldn't know. I hid like no one else has." It wasn't possible.

"Well he is you're father. And you didn't plastic. So he might have recognized you."

"I'm gonna think positive. He doesn't know and I'll make sure to keep it that way."

***
Author's p.o.v

Or does he?😈

***

I would just act as normal as I could. Maybe not too normal. That would be suspicious.

I finished the discussion with them and it was decided that I was going to stay at the Martinez household which happened to be the safest place ever.

I didn't know if they were trying to be nice or they just didn't trust me enough to leave me.

I could handle myself. They knew that. So did they think I was working with whoever did this and I was probably a target just so the Martinez would trust me?

Or did they actually believe that I was in danger and were willing to keep me so safe?

"Don't think about it too much."

Darren came into the kitchen where I was wondering my previous thoughts and what to eat.

"You know what I'm thinking?"

"That we either hate you or like you a lot."

"Well there's no way I wouldn't think of it." I was sitting on the chair in front of the counter top.

"You can believe whatever you want. But I won't lie to you that the Martinez family has grown a liking towards you."

Just like Camille.

"We want to protect you because we like you. Your presence, believe it or not, has changed a lot of us.

"Especially Dante."

Faint pink appeared on my cheeks.

"I just came here to tell you that your room will be ready once your stuff is brought in." He said and waved me goodbye.

I stared at the door deep in thoughts.

I was really gonna be living here from now on. But didn't that mean Cam and I would find it hard to talk about Genvi?

An hour passed and I was settled in my new room in the house.