5 - Captive

Alexis

I couldn't make sense of her statement. What exactly was she hiding that made her keep it away from me for a whole year? A hunch?

Cam's hunches were always on target, most of the time. She had nothing to worry about. Or was it something else?

"I-I'm...my job...the truth is I'm a member of the mafia," She said timidly.

I'd never seen that part of her before although what she said wasn't new. "Well, that's not new."

"Wait, you knew?"

"It was so obvious. You know my mom, my mom knows your mom, you've been helping me with things like this for so long. Why the hell wouldn't you be a member of the mafia?"

She stayed silent for a while then she cleared her throat and said, "The point is, I'm a member of the Siners."

The moment I heard what she said, I felt my organs shift. "The what?!" She stumbled back with surprise, wondering why I was so shocked.  Who wouldn't be? It was the fucking Siners!

"You belong to the best mafia gang in the whole of Italy? You're kidding!" I said excitedly.

"I'm not."

"That's amazing. So how does this help?"

"Do you remember that company, Martell Industries, M.I?" She asked and I nodded.

"Martell is owned by the Siners, particularly the Martinez family."

"Won't you be a rat if you feed me with information?"

"I'm not ratting them out. They're not the people you'll be concerned with. Shareholders and businessmen who reside there or at least have business with them could help us a lot to Genvi."

"It's still ratting them out," I stated, raising a brow.

"I won't do it. You'll get killed if-"

"I won't get killed, Alexis."

"Sky."

"Sky, but I won't get killed."

"How do you know?"

"Because doing this will benefit both you and the Siners," she said and stood up to walk around.

"There's something you're not telling me, isn't there?" I asked and she turned to me.

"Yes there is and if I do, that will be ratting them out."

"Just out of curiosity, will you tell me later?" I asked.

"If my hunch goes as planned then yes. You will know."

"Promise you won't die," I demanded.

"I promise."

Then I stood up to hug her. "You're my best friend Cam. My only friend. I can't lose you."

"It's weird to see the all-time world best hitman being all mushy," she said and hugged me back.

We released each other and I asked, "How do I get in?"