12 - Golden Blood

The moment I heard this, my phone fell from my hand.

My body froze. My heart skipped ten beats and my blood was on fire.

The man on the other side of the phone spoke but I couldn't hear anything.

Camille was at the brink of death.

She was about to loose her life.

She was gonna die and she was all I had.

I suddenly realized someone had been shaking my shoulders to come back to earth.

"Sky? Sky?" Darren called out to me.

"She WHAT??!!" I heard Dante say and looked at him. He stood by my side. He had my phone in his hand and he listened to what the man at the other end was saying.

"Dante, what is it?" Darren asked him.

"Camille, she.....she had an accident." I said looking at Darren and his eyes widened.

I had never seen so much fear in the eyes of them both. It was a new side of them that made you wanna pee yourself.

They looked that scary.......and they were the ones who were scared.

"Get the car. We're going now." Sean came out of nowhere and said. He must have heard the conversation.

We were on our way to the hospital. The man sent us the address of the hospital and Darren drove. Dante at the passenger's seat while Sean and I at the back.

They must've really cared for her. She was like family to them. That was how mafia should treat their fellow members.

We made our way to the building. Stepping out, we all ran to the receptionist table. The moment the receptionist saw the guys, she knew instantly who they were.

"I will schedule an appointment with the doctor soon sir." She said quickly not wanting to waste their time.

Rushing through the group of heavy men, I came in front of the receptionist and said, "We're here for our friend. Camille Havards. What room?" Taking action quickly.

She quickly search and did her thing "Room 209." She said and we ran towards that floor.

Getting there, we saw a nurse come out of the room and I ran to her and asked, "Please where is the doctor for this room? My friend, Camille, is the person you just treated."

"Miss, good evening. I am the doctor. I would like a word." I heard a man say. Looking to my right as the nurse left, I saw that it was the doctor.

"How is she?" Darren asked.

"She just got out of surgery. She's not really in the state to talk but she will be fine by tomorrow."

Hearing this made all me sigh out loud. I was so relieved.

"There are some drugs I would like to prescribe but that will be done when she is awake." The doctor said and walked away.