Chapter 27

The rest of the week I kept up with my double life. Now that I have Boe as my connection to getting more coke it was a lot easier to get my hands on it. We snuck out at lunch a few times to use before going back to class. I became almost sad when the weekend came. Without having school to go to and without having the 'leaving for lunch' excuse I needed to come up with something better when I wanted to use again. The weekend came and I was stuck at Marissa's while Dianna and Eddie are off somewhere for the weekend on a housewife trip. I'm actually getting used to the cameras being there but also having to keep up the act at the same time!

After Maddie and I get settled in the guest room, Maddie went to take a phone call so I go downstairs to watch some TV. With nothing on, since it's a Friday I go on Netflix and decide on a Tyler Perry movie.

Maddie then comes back and asks, "hey my friends are going to a club. Do you wanna go?"

I roll my eyes, "why would I wanna do that? When we get there you're just ditch me and I'm gonna be bored as all hell." That actually is a good idea! Maybe I can hang with Boe!

Maddie rolls her eyes, "why are you so pissed off all the time?"

"Really? You're gonna yell at me just because you're not getting your own way. You're not the only child anymore, deal with it."

"Excuse me. You should be greatful that you are even living with us..."

All of a sudden Marissa comes running into the room and says, "what's going on?" We both start talking at the same time but then Marissa says, "one at a time."

I then say, "Maddie wanted me to go to a club with her but I said I didn't want to because she was just gonna ditch me."

Maddie interrupts, "totally not true. She has to chaparone me since I'm not allowed to go without her."

I laugh, "and the plot thickens. How interesting. Now I'm a babysitter."

Marissa takes a breath and says, "Jessy. You're going."

Maddie and I both say, "what the hell?"

"You guys seem really tense so you should probably do some bonding. I am gonna set a curfew of one am and also no drinking what-so-ever."

"I am 17 and Madison is 13 years old. Why do we have to have the same curfew. I had to be home from friends at 10 at the age! You have to be kidding me."

"It's that or go home."

"I have to stay here, Dianna and Eddie don't want me home alone all weekend."

"No, you can stay the night there. You are 17 as you kindly pointed out." I roll my eyes and go back upstairs to get ready.

I walk to Marissa's room and go to her closet to pick out an outfit. If I am going to a club I have to look really cute. I pick out a red dress that I think would look good on me and lay it on the bed while I take a shower. I decide to curl my hair for a change when I get changed. I look in the mirror and see dark circles under my eyes. That's not good. When did those get there? It must be from the lack of sleep... or the other thing.

I go back into the guest room and put on foundation and cover-up to get rid of the dark circles and add a smoky eye. Now nobody will notice. I look pretty cute. Sweet. I pick up my purse by my bed and walk out to see if Madison is ready. I sit back on the couch and turn on the TV hitting play on the Tyler Perry movie. It might be a while before she is ready. I might as well continue the movie.

Ten minutes later Madison came out of her room, "Are you ready?"

I nod, "You?"

"I am now."