Chapter 15

Dinner was chill, Eddie cooked on the grill. In between dessert and a Dallas Cowboy Preseason game Dianna sat us all down and started talking.

"As you all know, I have been auditioning to be on Bravo's show Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Because Jessy was in her coma for a bit, they put me on recurring because they thought I was going to be boring. Recurring means they wouldn't be filming here unless I was having a party or something. However, they just bumped me up on main cast."

My jaw dropped. Ironic how in my dream I was watching Beverly Hills with my mom when it all started... I didn't even know this was happening.

"When does filming start?"

Dianna and Eddie look at each other somewhat nervous but excited at the same time. "That's the problem actually. Now I get it for my older ones, how you guys probably have to talk about it with your PR people so I understand if you have to leave; however the camera crew will be setting up stuff tonight, do some filming for when we're watching the game but more importantly, they are filming tomorrow morning."

 Everyone kind of just rolls their eyes but nods.

"You can all stay?"

They nod. Nick says, "Anything for you Dianna."

She claps and I get more annoyed than usual. I didn't even know this was happening! Jessie looks all excited because she gets to be on TV. Bitch please.  

Within twenty to thirty minutes a camera crew is in the house, and as the commotion dies I go up to Dallas and say, "Love how you aren't making your announcement."

She looks at me half sad, "Don't worry we still are."

"For the camera?"

She nods, "I have a feeling my mom needs this. You know me, I'm a momma's girl."

She is talking about giving her mom more drama. You see, in the reality television world, the more drama is created, the more likely you will be asked back for the next season. Understandable.

I shoot her a look, "Are you sure about that? It's probably gonna get heavy. Kinda shocked you're gonna do it."

She shrugs, clearly bothered.

I say sympathetically, "More importantly though, how are you?"

She shrugs again, "I'm okay. I mean it's rough, but what am I gonna do? I love both these babies, no matter what. It won't matter if they have a mental illness, diabetes, down syndrome. They are my children, and it's just something my baby girl will have to deal with. She's gonna struggle, but Nick and I will support both of our children no matter what."

I nod and give her a hug, pretty moved by what she just said. Quickly the cameras are rolling and we are casually and awkwardly watching the game. The Patriots are actually playing the Cowboys so this should be interesting. In the break, both Jessie and I went and put on our Patriots jerseys; which caused uproar. At half time though, Nick and Dallas told everyone to stay put. Everyone sits in their respective TV watching positions. Jessie and I sit on a chair together. On the couch there is the rest of the gang, with Maddie on the floor with the dogs and Marissa. Nick and Dallas take a deep breath, holding each other's hands and slightly smiling with sadness in their eyes.

"We decided to have the Amniocentitis test done, just to make sure everything was okay."

Maddie excitedly says, "So we have confirmed gender results, right?"

Dallas nods, "Yes we are in fact having both boy and girl."

Dianna concerning says, "But there is something else, what is it?"