Chapter 11

It was really awesome seeing my teachers again. Some of them didn't look as amused as others, but that's life. I loved seeing my old theater teacher who refused to cast me in their last musical. Her face was in shock the entire time I sang And I Am Telling You, so I bet she's having some regrets.

Afterwards there was of course a brunch at Pippin which is across the street from the coliseum. Some of the kids a grade younger than me were serving the food, I remember them being such annoying little shits, but they all seemed so grown up now.One of them who actually was kind of an asshole to me smiled and said, "Hey Jessy," when I was going through the line to get my food.

I smile back, "Hey!"

"You don't remember my name, right?"

I shake my head, "Sorry. It's been a while."

"It's okay, it's Colton."

I laugh and say, "Well nice seeing you again."

I go to sit but he stops me by saying, "I just wanted to apologize."

I give him a weird look, "For what?"

"I was an asshole to you when you went here and I know it wasn't right."

I smile at him largely, "It really is no problem. We all make mistakes, nobody is perfect."

He nods and I get my plate and walk to sit down. Suddenly I had no idea where to sit, and I get sort of dizzy again and my vision begins to blur. I feel someone grab my arm excitedly, making me look around trying to see. I eventually see that it is Angela.Angela was my old Facebook wife, when it was a thing. She has high energy all the time. After my vision re-adjusts I see that she is looking as beautiful as ever and give her a hug.

"Hey, how you doing?" I ask her.

She nods, "Good. How are you doing, popstar?"

I smile, "Good. Are you serving?"

She nods, "But we're just about done. Sosa and Mama invited some people that you might wanna see. Wait here and I'll take you to that table."

I nod, oh god who could it be? Sondra, Caleb, and who else? I laugh mentally, this should be good. I converse awkwardly with one of my old teachers, Mr. Roland for the time being. I always thought he was a huge douchebag.

"Who would've known after you performing Skyscraper freshmen year at Java Jam, that you would be here."

I nod, and smile, "Yep, who would've known."

"How long are you staying?"

I shrug, "Probably only for the next couple of days. It's just a quick visit."

"Oh, are you gonna go to the beach at least? I remember you saying how much you liked that."

I nod, "Yup, went yesterday."

Suddenly I see Angela coming over to me and I quickly excuse myself, how unfortunate. She brings me to a table on the other side of the cafeteria and I see a bunch of people I know other than Caleb and Sondra. I also see Clarissa sitting with Micky, Gabby, Quinn, and Highty. Those were the 'plastics' of Pippin Charter High School for the Arts, that's to say the least. All of them minus Quinn that is. I'm kind of shocked, I knew that Quinn had problems with Sondra and Caleb, but why would she be sitting with the popular group?

She was never like them. She never worried about what she looked like and she was never in the 'what's in' phase. I guess she does though because unlike her usual wardrobe of pants and sweater you would do yard work in, she is wearing a dress, something I had never seen her in before. I go to sit down at the table, I walk over to the table with Sondra and Caleb, and Sondra gets up immediately and gives me a hug.