Chapter 9

A/N: I feel like no one is reading this book anymore, please comment if you are! Show some love and audience participation :P

When I walk in I see the head of the arts department, Mama Cheetah. No her last name is not Cheetah it's short for something. We call her that because she is basically like everyone's mother. My teachers weren't always the most professional.I see the back of a skinny little person, and assume it's Clarissa, how cute! I walk over and Mama gives me a big hug.

"Hi lovey, I've missed you!"

I smile; this one always gave the best hugs and has the most genuine and warmest presence ever. I smile after she let's go.

"I've missed you too. I haven't been here in forever!"

"I know. I heard you got into a little accident, are you okay?"

I nod, "Perfect! Just happy to be home for a little while."

She nods, "I'd love to stay and chat but we have a show to run. Do you know what you're doing?"

I nod, "Yeah I have a speech prepared. Where do you want me to sit and who's going first?"

She replies, "You will perform and I am Telling You as a duet first. The curtain will rise as you start singing. Dr. Skeleton is going to speak then I'm gonna introduce you. You'll speak, and then Clarissa will. After you will do a duet performance."

My face goes red, what?

"Umn, I wasn't told about this."

She gives me a look of curiosity, "Oh. I don't know what we're gonna do then."

Clarissa speaks up and says, "Why don't we do our old song?"

I roll my eyes remembering what she's talking about. In sophomore year I remember doing an IE, which stands for individual events, singing Take Me of Leave Me from Rent. Mama looks at her as if she's god.

"That sounds great, good idea Clarissa. Is that fine with you Jessy?"

I nod wearily. I can do it in my sleep but eh. I'm trying to get away from musical theater, but whatever, I'll still kill it.

"I get Maureen right?"

Clarissa rolls her eyes and nods. She hates singing Joanne's part because of the fact that she has to sing like a normal person because it's a deep African American's voice. I Am Telling You should be interesting though. It is literally one of the hardest songs ever in the world of musical theater. It's from Dreamgirls with the diva herself originally, Jenifer Holiday and then the Jennifer Hudson. Two insanely difficult people to top.

Mama asks me, "Is there anyone you want to see before you perform?"

I shake my head, "I'll see people after. I'm not feeling well this morning, so I was hoping this to go by quicker than longer."

She nods, "Can I get you anything?"

I shake my head and pat her on the shoulder.

"I'm still a regular student at the end of the day, chill out."

She gives me a weird look, "I know. I just want to make sure you're comfortable."

I nod and smile and she excuses herself.

"So what were you in for?"

I turn around and see Clarissa grinning. I roll my eyes, "I was in a coma, apparently I fell and hit my head."

"Sure, whatever you say."

Knowing the answer already I say, "So how's Micky and the old gang?"

She shrugs, "They're fine."