Chapter 30

Dead silence occurred and everyone's eyes went to Joe. He had a playful smile and laughed informing us that it probably had nothing to do with the wedding. "Sorry about that, wrong timing I guess."

Everyone burst out into laughter and Mr. Jonas looked a mix between disapproval and amusement. I see Mrs. Jonas with Frankie, Kevin, and Danielle all hysterically laughing as well shaking their heads. That is definitely Joe for you.

Mr. Jonas says, "Well thank you my son for the lovely humor. Now for us to get this going I ask Mrs. Lorna Bailey to come on the stage. Lorna has been a friend of the bride's mother, Dianna and family for many years."

Lorna looking beautiful as ever steps from her seat and walks to the front; she looks at the paper that was at a stand and says, "Family and Friends of Wilmer and Demi - welcome to their wedding ceremony this evening at Saint John Baptist Church in the heart of Grand Prairie, Texas. From this location you can observe where Demi grew up. We take time out of our daily lives to witness this special memory."Lorna pauses a second before continuing, "Today they join their lives in the union of marriage. They are happy to share this moment with every guest here today. They have known most of you for several years and because you are the ones who have supported them and known them so well, it is only fitting that you are the ones to share this once-in-a-lifetime moment with them."

Looking at both Wilmer and Demi's parents, "Wilmer and Demi are pleased to have their parents in the front row close to them for the ceremony. Demi thanks her mother Dianna and her step-father Eddie for providing her with every opportunity possible and being the best parents anyone could ask for. Wilmer appreciates all the love and support his parents gave him over the years." With another pause she looks up, "Families often miss the people they have lost during special days such as a wedding and this couple is no different. Wilmer's maternal uncle passed away a few years ago and Wilmer misses him very much and finds that he is always in his heart and mind. Demi also had important people in her life that passed as well. Demi misses her biological father Patrick and knows that he is closely watching over her. May memories of your well-loved family members brighten this day and warm your hearts."

Almost in tears Lorna continues, "Demi would also like to take a moment to remember her best friend and my son Trenton Bailey. She wishes that he could be here today and that he could have met Wilmer, but she knows that he is watching and happy for them both. So today Wilmer and Demi present themselves to be married today surrounded by the people they love the most. Thank you again for being here."

Soon after that Lorna takes her seat and is comforted by Sarah and her family. Jessie J rises from her seat and begins performing Nightingale. I am lost for words. It is making me think further into everyone I have lost. The first being my grandmother who died from Alzheimer's and old age when I was 12 and my grandfather when I was 14 from lung problems... last but not least... my parents. I can't deal with this.Just as I'm about to cry and possibly take a break Kevin asks Eva Longoria to speak. "I have observed this love story and have supported this couple since the beginning. Now as Wilmer and Demi prepare for the ceremony part of this wedding celebration, they reflect on what it is that they love about each other. It was easy for them."

She turns towards Wilmer, "Wilmer, Demi loves that you blend in so comfortably with her family. She is pleased that you are terrific with children and that you love your dog Lily. She sees in you a funny, kind, and sweet man. She loves that you think she is funny and that you always find a way to compliment her. She loves that you always want to be close. You remember details of the stories she tells. You want to be part of her family and circle of friends. You help her around the house. Most importantly, you are so close that even when she is at her worst, you have never made her feel like you want anything but to be closer to her."