Chapter 22

A/N: The moment you have all been waiting for has finally come.  Must read to end of chapter to find out what it is <3

Ms. Silva then gets up and starts talking to the class, "now everyone. We have a few more five minutes of anything performances to go before we really dive into the text of William Shakespeare. I know that Ricky and Elly have to go. Does anyone know where they are?"

After that the comical effect of them bursting through the door gave me a good laugh. Ms. Silva then says, "do you have a pass?"

They shake there head. It's as if they have been doing this for years. I wonder if they have a progressive course like my old school where they are in class with the same kids since the start and just go to different forms of theater.

"Well guys, we are not freshman or sophomores anymore. You are seniors, I'll let this one slide since it's only the second week of school but remember, 'I really don't care' anymore." A smile immediately comes across my face and I almost can't help to laugh. Nice little pun right there, in my mind at least.

They nod with there heads leaning downwards, Ricky then sees me and gestures Elly to come sit with me. "Hey Jess, what are you doing here?"

"She's in this class, and we were just discussing today's five minutes of anything performance. Are you ready?"

They nod and I can tell by the worried forehead expression that they had both forgot. Trying to buy them time I raise my hand, "do you want me to go today Ms. Silva?"

"Why would you wanna do that, you are not prepared. Plus I think everyone knows your talent."

"I don't know. I want to be treated as an equal plus most people don't see me this intimate. I'm not really into doing acoustic shows."

She nods, seeming a little defeated. I wonder why she doesn't want me to perform. I then go to the front of the classroom and perform Mad World by Gary Jules. I really like the song and it kind of expresses how I feel right now. While I was singing, although I was in the zone I really watched other's facial expressions. Some seemed impressed, while Ms. Silva seemed annoyed.

When I was finished people clapped and I asked, "how did I do?"

"Good for a popstar. You were a little pitchy but it was good seeing I've only seen you do big songs with big notes. This was a little song with little notes so I guess you have a nice variety to you." Ouch, that kind of hurt and she's a bitch!

For the rest of class I kind of just kept my head on the table. Next I have childcare with Ms. Leonti. I personally love Ms. Leonti so much! She is this five foot Hispanic sweet lady. Apparently she runs SADD to, so that makes me kind of want to join a little bit more.

After everyone is sitting, someone asks her, "what does your husband do?"

"He's an engineer!"

"Why are you teaching then? Your husband must be bringing in loads of money!"

"Well, it's because I never had a teacher that really cared and that inspired me to be that to someone. I made mistakes when I was younger that if I had some guidance then maybe it would have turned out differently."

"What were they?"

"Well, first is that I had a child at 16."

That's sad... Nothing against teen moms but that is just really unfortunate. I mean, they have their entire lives in front of them with so much potential but they then have to dedicate the next 18 years of their lives taking care of baby even though they are the babies. Personally I just don't get it.