Chapter 24

There were even more trees, all different kinds of them surrounding the lake. I could see a couple houses in the distance and a couple mountains in the far distance. I should come to this lake more often. It has the same peaceful affect as the pond back home. The sun came out from behind one of the clouds brightening everything up. I still couldn't see the bottom of the lake but if I look close enough I can see fish swimming and the seaweed.

We paddled out a little further before deciding to head back to the shore. As we started towards the shore I tried to stand up and slipped. Al tried to catch me and after some confusion and chaos somehow we both ended up under the bars of the canoe. Luckily this did not happen out in the middle of the lake. I do not want to end up drowning.

I caught Al's gaze and he was staring at me. He kissed me first and I put my arms around him intensifying the kiss. Needless to say we ended up staying in that position kissing for quite a while. It wasn't a romantic type of kiss though because it was more awkward than anything else.

After our make out session we pulled the canoe onto the shore and decided to have a snack. He took two of the cupcakes out of his truck and we sat down in the sand to eat them. I started eating the frosting first as I always do. Can you blame me though? The frosting is the best part. I looked up and saw Al looking at me again.

"What?" I ask.

He smiles, "You have something on your face?"

"Where?"

"I'll get it," he replies.

While I know we just finished making out in the canoe I could not help it. Al uses his hand to wipe the frosting off my face and we did not stop looking at each other. Suddenly I did not care about the cupcake anymore. Al did not seem to either. We both dropped them and started making out all over again. I put my hands around his neck and pull him closer to me. I can feel his hands on my hips pulling me closer to him as he deepens our kiss.

I don't know what came over me but I did not want to stop. I don't want to stop yet at the same time we can't keep making out on the sand at the lake. The last thing we need is somebody showing up and catching us like this. I have an idea.

I pull away shortly, "Want to go to your car?"

"Are you sure?"

I nod, "Come on."

We both stand up and walk back to his car. He lets me into the back seat first before crawling in next to me. We simply look at each other for a while and I can feel things getting awkward again. My body tells me I'm completely uncomfortable but I did not want to listen to it. I kiss him first and he follows by roughly pulling me closer to him. I don't know what's gotten into me and I don't care. Some might think I've completely changed and maybe others think I'm losing my mind but I don't care. I still could not find the will power to stop.

I pulled away slightly only to have him pull me closer to him again. We never stopped kissing and I feel him moving his hands so they are under my shirt touching my skin. My heart races and I'm tempted to tell him to stop but I don't. We move so he is on top of me and I can tell he doesn't want to stop. I feel even more uncomfortable but I suddenly lose it when he starts dry humping me.

"Wait!" I push him away enough so I can sit up, "Stop."

"What?"

What do I tell him? I can't tell him that I don't want to go any further because I can't stop having flashbacks of someone I barely knew having sex with me, and not in a good way. There was not happiness or real emotions or passion behind it and it makes me mad. So mad that I can't find it in myself to have anybody else touch me like that. At least not yet. I need something to say to him. I hate my emotions. I don't know what's gotten into me but I wish it would stop.

"What is it?" he asks. "I thought we were having fun. This was your idea."

"Uh..." oh crap. There has to be some good excuse I can use that he hopefully understands.

"I don't want to have sex in high school," this wasn't a total lie, and I quickly say. "I don't think I'm ready."

He nods, "I understand. We can wait."

"Good," I fake a smile.

"You know, I understand not being ready, but everybody has to take risks once and a while. Sometimes you have to cross certain lines you never thought you'd have to. Sometimes setting goals or planning out your life just doesn't work. Life is spontaneous."

"Well," I started changing my mind, "Maybe we can try again."

He comes at me first this time without another word from me. He immediately starts kissing my neck and putting his hands under my shirt. I don't know how to react so I awkwardly wrap my arms around his neck. The dry humping starts again and it takes everything in me not to say something about it. I have a quick flashback but continue to stay quiet. I know he wants this and I like him. I should put up with it shouldn't I? At least for a little while? He kisses me again before leaving a trail of kisses from my mouth to my neck. I have another flashback. I don't think I can handle this anymore. I look over to find a clock and luckily come up with a good excuse to pull away.

"What?" he asks slightly aggravated.

"Um, I have to be home soon."

"You do?"

I nod, "Sorry. Dallas is going to be home soon. She's bringing home the babies and we all want to be there when she arrives."

He nods.

"Are you mad?"

"Nah, you told me you didn't want to have sex in high school. Maybe next time."

I nod awkwardly and he puts the canoe back on his car and drives me home. The ride home was awkward too. That's probably because of our uncomfortable yet very passionate moment back there. I cannot even remember the last time I had felt anything that passionate before. He pulls into the driveway and I help him with the canoe. Most of it still in silence. He walks me to the door and I turned to hug me.

"Thank you for today," I say giving him a peck on the lips. "I had fun."

He smiles giving me a more passionate kiss this time, "Me too. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."