[Ch.17] Happy Birthday.

// Ian's Point of View

"Hi!" a girl waved at me. She looked familiar, I see her at the university garden all the time. I've been here for about a week and I've been in Los Angeles for about a month. Yes, I haven't told Aya yet, that I'm here, enrolled at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. Sinabi na sa akin ni Dad na magenroll na, matatagalan pa raw kasi ang stay ko rito, and worse, there's a possibility that I would spend my whole college life in LA.

Buti na lamang at konektado ang John McGill University sa Marymount, hindi ko na tuloy kinailangang mag junior high at senior high bagaman K-12 na ang education system nila. Mataas kasi ang standards sa McGill at isa pa, parehas itong unibersidad na tinatag ng mga Romano Katolikong Heswita noong nakaraang siglo pa.

"Hello," I waved back at her. She has always been the most welcoming girl I've seen in Marymount, she would always wave at me or smile at me. I admit, she looked good. Her alluring shape was undeniable. She has pouty lips too that has its natural pink touch. 

We used to have that routine, she'll wave at me then I'll wave back but this time, it was quite different. She was approaching me! 

Yeah, I was right. She stopped walking in front of me, "It's been days since you're here and I haven't introduced myself yet," she said in a sweet lovely way causing me to feel uneasy. "I'm Sandrine and you may call me Sandy." She leaned closer to me. "How about you?" she whispered into my ear, still with that seducing tone. 

I took a step backward. "I'm Ian. Nice meeting you." I'm actually not comfortable with the way this lass was acting! Hindi ko alam kung sadyang malikot lang 'tong utak ko o ganun talaga siya umasta.

"Oh, what's wrong honey?" she asked as she cupped my cheek.

I looked at my wrist watch. "Ugh. Sandrine? I need to go now. Nice meeting you." 

"Yeah, sure. See you around, Ian!" she winked. Disturbing!

Honestly, I was a bit attracted to her since the very first day I saw her. She was so finesse and all but with the way she acted a moment ago, she was definitely not. Of course, I won't give a damn on her. I love Aya so much and knowing that she's waiting for me will never make me get tired of hoping that I could come back at the Philippines as soon as possible. Sht, I become silly every time I remember her! That was so gay! Here I go again, nearly insane to hug her after such a long time! 

I decided to go back at my room and got my phone to dial Ella's number. I really don't know why it has to be Ella's number to call and not directly hers. But, that was what she said so I did not have a choice but to do so.

"Hello," agad kong bati sa kanya. 

"A-anton?" May kung anong kagalakan ang mayroon sa boses niya. Somehow, natutuwa pero parang gulat iyong tono niya.

"It's Ian, Ella."

"Ay, sorry. Ka-kaboses mo kasi eh. Oh bakit napatawag ka ulit? Past 8 AM palang ah? Baka mamaya pang hapon pumunta yon d-dito. Yung pinsan niya kasi, si Papao, aalis sa 5 tapos may pupunta atang k-kamag-anak nila sa bahay nila." I know in the way she talked, something was wrong with her. I know Ella, masiyahin siyang tao. Kaya nga kahit na hindi kami magkabatch at nakilala ko lang siya ng dahil kay Aya, madali kaming nagkasundo, kahit magkaiba yung personalities namin.