[SS.1] What Happened in California

Few Reminders: (Chos)

1. This isn’t really a part of the story. What I mean is, you may go on to the next chapter without reading this. This part is a side story; it will tell you what happened in California, specifically to Ian. It might also give you some hints on what may happen in the story per se. Reading this one is not a requirement to understand the story though.

2. I used 3rd person point of view even though I suck at it because, I think it’s comfortable writing this part using that. Just this part.

3. I know there are mistakes down there. Those were just leftovers of my Bio days. Feel free to correct them if you find them wrong. :)

4. I had the plan of making this one private, but instead of doing so… I made sure I made that part “clean” na lang dahil wala naman sa theme ng HMC iyon. I don’t want to give you guys the hassle if I put this one on private. May isip na kayo, you know what you're doing.

5. Dedicated kay Tartel Ariane dahil nagpuyat siya para matapos basahin updates ko! I love you tartel! Happy 8th katartels. (late >.<) I love you three! ♥

Pagbigyan ang mahabang AN xD

[SS.1] What Happened in California

January 8

Los Angeles, California

Loyola Marymount University

“Ian!” rinig ni Ian na tawag sa kanya ni Sandrine. For how many weeks that they have known each other, Ian was able to familiarize Sandy’s voice in just that small span of time because he’s always with her. Sa lahat ng taong nakasasalubong niya sa Loyola Marymount University, si Sandrine ang pinaka-welcoming sa kanila. Sa tagal din nilang nakapag-usuap ay nalaman ni Ian na mag dugong Pilipino pala ang dalaga. Her mom is actually a pure Filipino who worked as a domestic helper in Canada—there her mom met Sandrine’s father. She’s half-Filipino. Hindi nga lang evident dahil mas dominant ata talaga ang alleles ng banyaga nitong ama.

Ngayon, after how many months—masasabi ni Ian na si Sandrine ang pinakamalapit sa kanya sa pamantasang iyon. With Sandy’s help, Ian was able to adapt easily with the sudden metamorphose of culture he had to countenance. Culture shock— many Filipinos tend to experience this when they go to other countries in the different parts of the globe. Sandy helped him to get acquainted with other university students, too. Sandy became his good friend as time passed by. She eased the sadness and despondency Ian was feeling while he was away with his family and his girl, Ayanna.

“Sandy,” he smiled to her. At first, Ian really assumed that Sandrine was that of a flirty type-lass, considering the fact that she was brought up in a liberated community but, when Ian was able to get to know her, he began to envisage that that was just Sandy’s personality or her way of welcoming a newly-found friend. Sandrine’s okay, he thought.

On the other hand, Sandrine could be best described as a pulchritudinous lady. She has long gamboge hair with side swept bangs that runs down her shoulders. She got glossy chestnut-eyes you couldn’t combat not to look at. Her eyes with her slightly arched eyebrows are very allusive that would condone you to get to know her more. Sandrine’s heart-shaped lips also have its own charisma every time it curves to a smile, most especially when she’s with the lad, Ian. Maybe these assets of her made Ian let himself to get close to her. She’s a convivial and a genial girl after all.