Chapter 18

“What is he doing here?” Chase sneers.

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business.” I sneer back.

“I came to talk to you.” Chase says his voice a tad bit softer now.

“Now is really not the time.”

“Why!?” Chase yells.

“Because I’m introducing my boyfriend to my father!” I yell right back at him.

Chase looks really annoyed and kind of hurt.

“You’re already that serious about him?”

“Why does it matter?” I say incredulously.

“I just…I need to talk to you.” There’s a hint of pleading in his tone, but now is really not the time.

I look to DeAndre for a little assistance.

“I think you should leave now Chase.” DeAndre says finality clear in his tone.

“I wasn’t talking to you!” Chase screams.

“Don’t raise your voice at him!” I yell. “Just close the door DeAndre.”

I turn around to walk back to the dining room when I see DeAndre closing the door. However, I step dead in my tracks when I hear the door fling back open, the sound of skin hitting skin, and a huge crash.

I turn back around and see DeAndre sliding down the wall. Chase is standing over him shaking his hand out and looking pissed the fuck off. DeAndre gets up and brushes himself off. Then he gets all up in Chase’s face and because they’re the same height they a quite literally their chest to chest. DeAndre draws his hand back and I just know that if he hits Chase nobody will come out of this okay. So I do the only thing I can at that moment. I summon my superman.

“Daddy!!!!!”

My Pops and Marcella come running into the room just as DeAndre punches Chase dead in the right side of his face.

“DeAndre Jones!!!” Marcella screams. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Chase hit him first!” I automatically jump to DeAndre’s aid, not wanting this bullshit to dent my father’s opinion of him.

“That does not mean he had to hit back!” Marcella yells, mainly at DeAndre but probably at me too.

I feel so mad that Chase had to come and ruin this perfect evening. Then again, I did have a feeling that things were going too good to be true. The anger in me bubbles up to the point where I just can’ take it anymore. I stomp over to Chase and backhand him across the same side DeAndre punched him.

“Get Out!!!” I screech at the top of my lungs, hot tears running down my face.

“Ivy-Reece-“, Chase tries to say something but my dad cuts him off.

“I’m going to need for you to get out of my house young man.” My father says in his no nonsense tone.

Chase hangs his head and slowly turns to walk out of the house.

He stops and slightly turns to face me. He mouths the words “I’m Sorry” and continues out the house. I quickly run over to DeAndre and wrap my arms around him. He puts his arms around me too and we stand there in each other’s embraces.

“I think we should probably get going now too.” Marcella says. “It’s getting late and tomorrow is a work and school day.”

“That would probably be best.” My father agrees, nodding once.

“Thank you for having us over Mr. Hayes,” Marcella says, speaking on both her and DeAndre’s behalf, “It was good to meet you.”

“Likewise.” My father says, wrapping Marcella in a fatherly hug and giving DeAndre a firm handshake.

DeAndre gives me a quick kiss on the lips and Marcella and I share a brief hug before they leave. On their way out the door my father grabs DeAndre’s shoulder and whispers something in his ear.

DeAndre nods and gives him a small smile before winking at me and walking out to Marcella’s car.

A/N: Sorry it's short, I just felt I NEEDED to get something out here for you all. I hope you enjoyed. Share your thoughts with me, good and bad. I love to hear all of your opinions. :)