Chapter 25

Chase and I walk into the restaurant and I immediately spot Niecy at a booth in the back. I lead Chase through the all the tables until we reach her. I slide into the side opposite of Niecy and Chase slides in next to me.

"Oh hi! I thought I you guys were gonna stand me up." Niecy says sarcastically.

"We're only five minutes late." I say, checking the time.

"Late is late my dear." She responds.

"Did you already order?" Chase asks.

"Nope," Niecy shakes her head, "No one has even come by to ask me what I want. They're so rude."

As she says that a young woman in a waitress' uniform comes to our table.

"Hey y'all, sorry for the wait. My name is Bethany. Can I take you all's order?"

"Hi, yes. I would like an extra large Oreo shake please." Niecy smiles kindly at her like she wasn't just talking trash about the restaurant staff a second ago.

"Okay, and you m'am?" Bethany the waitress asks me.

"I want an extra large vanilla milkshake please, as well as an order of the jumbo basket of French fries."

"Alrighty, and for you sir?" She asks Chase.

"What's the biggest sized milkshake you guys have?"

"It's called 'King-Sized'. It's about twice as big as an extra large." Bethany explains.

"Well I will have a king-sized chocolate chip milkshake please." He shoots her a charming smile and she blushes.

"S-Sure thing. We're putting on a f-fresh batch of fries right now so they're going to take a b-bit longer to come out than the m-milkshakes." She stutters the whole time because Chase won't stop staring at her and trust me, his stare is intense.

I elbow Chase in his side and his head snaps to me. Niecy laughs quietly.

"Can you just bring everything out together please?" I ask Bethany.

"Okay." She turns and practically runs away from our table.

"What is wrong with you?" I scold Chase.

"All I was doing was looking at her while she spoke. That's the polite thing to do."

Niecy starts laughing even harder.

"You know you have some freaky magic stare or whatever so I'm pretty sure we all know that you know you were making her nervous." I say.

Chase shrugs with a (very sexy) smirk on his face and turns to talk to Niecy, who finally stopped laughing.

We all have a light-hearted conversation about nothing in particular for a few minutes until we feel a presence hovering over our table. We look up and it's Janelle, the girl who Chase likes to bang on occasion.

"Hey Chase." She smiles at him, completely ignoring me and Niecy.

"Hi Janelle." He responds tightly.

"What brings you here?"

Is this bitch serious? He's obviously hanging out with me and Niecy.

"I'm spending time with some of my friends."

"Hmm," She gazes thoughtfully at me and Niecy for a moment, "Can I talk to you in private for a sec babe?" She asks Chase.

He turns to me and looks me dead in the eyes. It's clear that he doesn't want to go and he wants me to ask him to stay. Instead, I nudge him towards Janelle and she breaks out in a triumphant smile. Too bad she's not really winning anything.