Chapter 29

I wake up to soft lips on mine. 

Opening my eyes I see Chase gently pecking my lips with his own, gazing at me adoringly. 

I smile and he smiles back. 

"Good morning Beautiful."

"Good morning Chase."

"How do you feel?"

I take a moment to stretch and really see how I'm feeling. 

"Honestly, I'm a little sore." 

"I'm not surprised," Chase smirks sexily at me, "You were riding like a champ last night babe." 

"Shut up!" I laugh and shove his shoulder playfully. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too Chase. I really do."

"Are you happy? With me?" Chase looks genuinely concerned. 

I stare at him in shock. How could he not know?

"Of course I am. You're honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me."

Chase sits up, so I do too, covering myself with the blanket. 

"What about DeAndre?"

"What about him?" I ask. 

"If I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you, what is he?"

"A great memory that wasn't meant to last forever. DeAndre is a beautiful person physically, mentally, and especially spiritually but he's not my Prince Charming. You are."

Chase gazes at me with so much relief on his face. He leans in to kiss me when someone knocks on the door. 

"Come i-" 

Chase cuts me off by kissing me. 

I hear the door open but can't bring myself to pull away from my boyfriend. 

"Ugh, I'd tell you to get a room if you weren't already in one."

We pull away to see Ebony standing in the doorway. 

"Good morning Ebony." Chase smiles at her. 

"Good morning Chase. How much longer will you be here? Ivy-Reece needs to help me pack and we need some girl talk before I leave. By the way, my flight takes off at 12:30."

We look at the clock and see its 9:00. 

"Well I'll go home then and we can see each other after you drop Ebony off at the airport." Chase says to me. 

"Okay babe." I nod. 

He kisses me and slides out of bed with a sheet around his waist. Picking up his clothes he walks into my en suite bathroom. 

Ebony winks at me obnoxiously. 

"Shut up." I laugh. 

"Was it good or what?" She asks. 

"It was more than good." I gush, "It was...perfect. Just. Perfect." 

Ebony squeals and jumps up and down in her spot. 

We see the bathroom door open and quickly compose ourselves. 

Chase walks out and walks over to me. 

"I'll see you later baby. Call me okay?" He kisses me. 

"Okay babe. Love you." 

"Love you too."

He walks over to Ebony and hugs her. 

"Bye Ebony. It was great getting to know you. I can't wait until you come back."

"Trust me, I can't wait to come back either and it was great getting to know you too. You better take care of my girl or I'll be back sooner than any of us anticipated."

"Oh I will. Don't worry." He smiles at both of us before leaving. 

Once we hear the door downstairs close, Ebony sprints to my bed and flips down next to me. 

"We had sex. In this bed actually. Very sweaty sex." I smirk. 

Ebony hops out of my bed, disgustedly wipes off her clothes, and sits at my desk instead. 

"So you know what Chase and I were doing last night. What were you and Dylan doing?" I ask her curiously. 

She bites her lip guiltily and looks away. 

"Ebony?" I prod. "Tell me. I won't judge you."

"We were, um, doing the same thing you and Chase were. Just with less love and more lust."

"So instead of making love, you guys...fucked?" I ask. 

"Yeah..." She nods her head. 

"Do you feel okay about it?"

"I do actually. Does that make me a whore?" She looks at me with wide eyes. 

"Not at all!" I say, "You really like him right? Personality-wise and physically attracted?"

"Yes! Yes I do. His personality is actually my favorite thing about him; the looks are an added bonus. Chase's personality is great too, and so are their parents'. The Matthews family is just really great."

"They really are." I agree, "So was it slow? Gentle? Fast? Rough?"

"Well, I told Dylan I hadn't lost my v-card yet and he seemed really happy to be my first. I almost backed out when I saw just how large he was. I didn't think it could fit you know?"

I nod, thinking of how big Chase is. 

"But he reassured me he would take it nice and slow until I was ready for more. It hurt like a bitch for a little bit but then I got adjusted and it felt great. It just felt right for us to be doing that with each other. He could tell I was ready and he got rough, and I kept up. We had so much lust pent up inside for each other and it definitely showed last night. I loved it." 

I smile at her. 

"I can tell you did, the smile on your face right now is huge."

She tries to stop smiling but fails miserably. 

"Shut up and put on some clothes so you can help me pack!" She laughs. 

"Okay, let me take a quick shower and throw my sheets in the laundry room so I can wash them today."

"Alright. I'm gonna go eat something." 

*** 

I'm on my way to the guest room to help Ebony pack when I hear a feminine laugh. 

I stop, listening really hard. 

"Omg! Stop honey!" I hear a woman laugh. 

My mouth drops open. Did my dad bring a woman home?! 

I tip toe down the hallway to my father's room. His room is right by the guest room and I see Ebony peeking her head out the door. 

We make eye contact and I know we're both thinking the same thing. 

I press my ear to the door and listen.

"Can I meet your daughter today?" The woman whines. 

"I don't know if she's ready for that yet baby." My dad says. 

I frown, how can I not be ready for something I didn't even know about?

"I'm starting to think you're the one who's not ready Christopher Hayes. I've been your woman for almost 9 months now."

I smirk; she really just called my Pops by his full name. 

"It's just... She doesn't really like her mother's husband. I don't want her to dislike you too. I love you."

I bite my lip in guilt. I thought Deon had snatched my mom away from us. Of course I know differently now. Naturally, I still don't really embrace him with open arms but I'm tolerant. This is a completely different situation though! I would love to meet any woman who could earn my father's love. 

"Okay fine. You can meet her."

"Now?!" She screams. 

"After a shower." My dad says. 

"Yes! Thank you Chris! I love you." 

There's a short silence and I assume they're kissing. 

"Let's save some water huh?" My dad asks suggestively. 

"Sounds good to me." She says back, just as provocatively. 

At this point Ebony is standing next to me with her ear pressed to the door too and upon hearing their nasty talk we both gag a little. 

"Let me just go tell Ivy-Reece to meet me downstairs in about 20 minutes."

"Okay dear. I'll get the shower hot for us."

We hear his footsteps coming towards the door and book it as quietly as possible back to the guest room. Luckily it's so close. 

I flop on the bed and Ebony sits on the floor and start folding her clothes again. We try to control our erratic breathing. 

A few seconds later my Pops knocks on the door even though it’s open. 

We both look up. 

"Good morning Pops." I smile. 

"Good morning Mr. Hayes." Ebony says. 

"Good morning girls. I need you guys to meet me downstairs in about twenty minutes."

"Why?" I ask sweetly. 

"Because I said so." My pops smiles and walks back to his room. 

Ebony and I collectively let out a breath both of us had been holding. 

"I can't believe your dad has a girlfriend." Ebony whisper-yells. 

"I know. It almost doesn't seem possible."

"It's been 6 years! I honestly thought his work was his new wife." Ebony says thoughtfully. 

"You're not the only one..." I say, "But I'm glad he has a woman. His work sure doesn't keep him warm at night. I just hope she's not a bitch."

"I'm sure she won't be. She sounded really eager to meet you."

Ebony and I chat until I hear my dad calling me from downstairs.

"Come on. You have to meet her too." I tell Ebony. 

She hops up from her now completely packed luggage and follows me downstairs. 

In the living room sitting on the couch is my dad and a very pretty woman. 

She has light brown skin, big chocolate eyes, full lips, and a pert nose. 

She stands up to shake my hand and my eyes widen slightly. I hear Ebony gasp quietly. This woman's body is bangin'. 

She has curves for days, literally an hour glass figure. I glance down and see she's wearing no shoes. So she's tall, roughly 5'10, complementing my dad's 6'6 nicely. 

Standing next to each other they literally look like the perfect couple. They’re both tall and lean and in shape. Both in their late thirties. They just look...powerful. I automatically like this chick. 

"Hi," she says as she shakes my hand, "I’m Jocasta Alvarez, but call me Jo."

"I'm Ivy-Reece and this is my best friend Ebony."

"Hi Ebony." Jocasta smiles and shakes her hand too. 

We all sit down, Pops and Jo on the couch, me and Ebony on the chairs across from them. 

"Ebony has been in our lives for over a decade." My Pops tells Jo, "She’s like a second daughter to me."

Jo smiles at me and Ebony. 

"That's so amazing. I never had a friend like that growing up." 

"Girls, Jo is my girlfriend." My Pops jumps to the chase. 

Our mouths simultaneously fall open, feigning shock. 

"Really?" I say, trying to come off surprised. 

"Yes, we've been together for about 9 months now." Jo gushes. 

"We've lived here for almost 10 months..." I point out. 

"Yes, we met at work on my first day at the office here." My Pops explains. 

"We got to know each other and I just fell in love. Chris is so amazing." Jo drawls, gazing at my father adoringly. 

Ebony and I glance at each other and smirk. 

"So you've been dating since not long after we moved here?" I clarify. 

"Yes." My father confirms. 

I nod my head, "Nice."

"Do you have any kids Jo? Actually...how old are you?" Ebony asks. 

"No, and 38." Jo says, I note she's a year younger than Pops, "I can't have kids, tragic accident when I was a teen." She looks a little sad. 

"I'm sorry." Ebony and I say in sync. 

"It okay girls." Jo says kindly, "If Chris would propose to me then I could have Ivy-Reece as the daughter I always wanted." 

I smile at her and choose not to point out that I'm only at home for one more year, and then I'm going out-of-state for college.

We all mingle for a while and when I look at clock it says 10:30. 

"Whoa! I need to get Ebony to the airport. It's an hour drive and she has to check her bag and go through security and all that stuff." I say. 

"Let me just go grab my bag. I'll meet you at the car. It was nice meeting you Jo." She hugs my dad and Jo and goes upstairs to get her luggage. 

"Yeah, it was nice meeting you Jo." I hug her and hug my dad. "I'll be back Pops."

"Alright. Drive safely baby girl." 

"Don't I always?" I smile and go out to my car. 

A minute later Ebony is throwing her bag in the trunk and getting in the car beside me. 

We pull off. 

"This has been such a fun trip. I'll miss you so much." She says wistfully. 

"No, you'll miss Dylan so much." I tease. 

"Him too." She giggles but then becomes serious, "I wish I knew where we stood."

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"We bonded so much during the time I was here. I gave him my fucking virginity for crying out loud!"

"Yeah...?" I prod. 

"He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend. We said goodbye this morning and he told me he'd come visit me soon. 

I smirk at the thought of Dylan in my old Brooklyn neighborhood. 

"What's so funny?" Ebony asks a little irritably.

"Dylan in Brooklyn?" I glance at her and raise my eyebrows. 

She smirks too. 

"I'll keep him indoors." She says. 

We break out into laughter. 

***
Pulling up outside the airport I hop out of the car with Ebony. 

She gets her luggage out the trunk and looks at me. 

"Don't look so sad," I say, "You're going to make me cry." 

"I love you girl." She says and pulls me into a tight embrace. 

"I love you too sister." I say. 

The tears are flowing freely from both of our eyes when we pull away. 

"Call me as soon as you land." I order. 

"You got it dude." She salutes me and we laugh through our tears. 

"See ya later Ivy-Reece."

"See ya later Ebony."

Ebony turns and disappears into the throng of people entering the airport and I get back in my car and head home. 

Using my hands-free wireless system my Pops had installed in my car, I call Chase. 

"Hello?" He answers on the second ring. 

"Can I come over?" I sniff. 

"Sure baby. What's wrong?"

"I didn't think I'd be so sad that Ebony is leaving. I miss her so much already."

"Aw baby. It'll be alright. Dylan is sad too."

"Is he?" I ask, intrigued. 

"Yeah, he's been lying on the couch since I got home watching Spanish soap operas even though I'm pretty sure he can't understand them. He got a C- in Spanish class."

I laugh. 

"There's that sound that I love so much.” Chases says. 

"I'll be there soon." I say. 

"Can't wait."

"I love you."

"I love you more." Chase responds. 

I hang up using the button on my steering wheel. 

***

Pulling into my driveway, I hop out of my car and walk over to the Matthews' house and ring the bell. 

Chase answers a second later. 

"I've missed you." He says, pulling me into his arms and kissing me. 

"I've missed you so much more." I say as we walk into the house. 

Chase stills and I look up at him, confused. 

He steps in front of me and waves his hand in a "follow me" gesture. 

We sneak into the living room and find Dylan on the couch, staring listlessly at a Spanish soap opera. 

"Dylan?" Chase says. 

He turns to look at us, his eyes void of any emotion. 

"We're gonna eat something, you want anything?" 

"Not hungry...” He grumbles and turns back to his incomprehensible show. 

Chase and I look at each other and shrug. 

"C'mon," he says and leads me to the kitchen, "Wanna make some brownies?"

"Yes!" I squeal. 

Chase laughs. 

"All the ingredients are in the fridge. You get that stuff out and I'll find all the equipment we need."

Chase rattles off instructions and we get to work. While we bake I tell him all about my dad's new woman, Jo. 

We put the brownies in the oven and sit down on top of the very spacious counter. 

"Wow, so this is his first girlfriend in six years!?" Chase says incredulously. 

"Yup." I nod my head. 

"How are you feeling about this?" He eyes me warily. 

"I'm..." I take a moment to really think about it, "I'm good. Not just with this though; I’m good with everything in my life. I'm happy. I'm content...and I like it." 

"That's good to know Ivy-Reece." Chase smiles at me and I smile right back. 

My life is so amazing right now and I wouldn't change it for anything.

A/N:This is the last chapter guys,epilogue is coming ASAP! For those who didn't see it, there's a picture of Ivy-Reece's promise ring on the previous chapter. Sorry for the delayed update, life is pretty hectic at the moment.