Chapter 9

I push Chase off of me and he falls by my side.

“Who is it?” I say, extremely pissed off.

“It’s Niecy! The front door was unlocked. Why is this door locked?”

Shit…

“I’m changing my clothes Niecy! Hold on one sec.” I say, hopping off the bed and picking up Chase’s clothes.

I throw him his clothes and open my drawers and pick out a huge tee-shirt and some sweatpants. I hastily put the clothes on and look up at a shocked-looking Chase.

I point to my huge walk-in closet and he immediately gets what I’m suggesting. He runs to the closet and I shut the door behind him.

 I quickly straighten up my bed and pull up a random site on my laptop to look like I was doing something completely opposite from what I was actually doing. Then I run to my bedroom door and fling it open, startling Niecy who was apparently leaning on the door.

“Heyyy girl…” I say awkwardly.

“Hey,” she responds, looking at me like I have a third eye, “What the hell is wrong with you?”

“What? Oh, ummm, nothin…”

“You’re being really weird Ivy-Reece. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yup. I’m positive. Are you okay?”

“Yeah... I just wanted to come by and apologize?”

“Apologize?” I murmur, looking at her thoughtfully. 

“For earlier today? You we’re right. I wasn’t being a good friend.”  

Oh right!!! I forgot I was supposed to be upset for believing the lies that those hood rats were spreading about me and DeAndre.

“Niecy, I’m just gonna go ahead and be honest with you. I completely forgot about that. So don’t even stress. We’re good girl.”

The shocked look on her face makes me smile at how adorable she is.

“Close your mouth Niecy,” I tease her.

“Wow! I can’t believe you actually forgive me.” She sputters.

 “Really Niece,” I say “It’s no big deal. Wanna stay for a little while and watch a movie or something?” I ask hopefully.

She agrees and we start heading across the hall to the TV room.

We get to the TV room and I start rambling the titles of random movies we could watch. Niecy just sits on one of the huge comfy chairs, looking at me with a strangely amused look on her face. The words that come out of her mouth though make me stop speaking midway through a sentence.