Chapter 12

I’m just enjoying the feel of DeAndre’s lips on mine, and reveling in how perfect this moment feels, when we hear someone clear their throat.

“Am I interrupting something?”

DeAndre and I pull away from each other and turn towards the direction the voice came from.

Standing not even 4 feet away from us, staring directly at me, is a tall pale-skinned boy with dark hair and piercing green eyes. He has an uncanny resemblance to…Chase?

“Dylan.” DeAndre says, nodding stiffly in his direction.

“DeAndre.” Dylan replies, slightly nodding back in his direction but never taking his eyes off of me.

DeAndre notices the way Dylan is looking at me, and clears his throat loudly drawing Dylan and I’s attention to him.

“This is Dylan. Chase’s brother.”

“Oh,” I say, feeling stupid for not realizing that was him, “Umm, nice to…meet you?” I say, more as a question than a statement.

“You too sweetheart,” he says, smiling at me.

Damn…he looks just like Chase.

“Well?” He says.

“Oh, umm, I’m sorry. What did you just say?”

He chuckles at me and repeats his question. “What’s your name?”

“Ivy-Reece.”

His smile falters, and he looks at DeAndre, looking pissed.

“Really?” He says, looking like he wants to punch DeAndre in the throat.

“Really what?” I say, trying to understand what just happened.

“They’re not even official.” DeAndre says, looking at Dylan like he’s an annoying fly.

“So? That doesn’t give you a right to just-“

“Hey!!” I scream, getting both of the boys’ attention. “What the fuck is going on here?”

“He’s mad because I was just kissing you.” DeAndre says, shrugging.

“No! I’m mad because you’re all over my brother’s girlfriend. She belongs to Chase, not you!” Dylan spats at DeAndre.

My eyes almost bulge out of my head upon hearing this.

“Excuse me?” I gasp in disbelief.

Dylan looks at me, confused.

“I am not Chase’s girlfriend. I don’t belong to anyone but myself. “

“Oh, I just assumed…”

“Well don’t assume okay!?”

“Sorry.”

I seriously feel like finding Chase and punching him and the face and punching Dylan too. Instead, I just decide to go to class and have a productive school day.

“Walk me to class?” I ask DeAndre.

“Of course.” He says, and takes my hand in his.

~*~

I’m at the kitchen table doing my homework when the doorbell rings. I’m wondering who it could be since my Pops isn’t home but he has a key.

I open the door and Chase is standing there. I automatically get the urge to knee him in a very sensitive place but I contain myself.

“Yes.” I say.

“I heard about what happened between you, my brother, and DeAndre this morning.”

“Ok?”

“I just wanted to tell you I never said you were my girlfriend.”

“Really? The topic never came up between you and Dylan?”

“Well, maybe once.” He admits.

“Continue.” I tell him, wanting to hear more.

“Well, I was telling him about you and he started teasing me saying I had my first girlfriends and shit like that. I never corrected him, and he just assumed we were together.”

“And what about the whole “me belonging to you” thing?”

“Well I told him that I wanted you to myself and I didn’t want DeAndre to have you.”

“Why?” I ask him, even though I already know the answer, “Why don’t you want me to be with DeAndre?”

“He’s not a good guy Ivy-Reece.” Chase says, pleading with his yes for me to just drop it at that.

“Tell me what he did Chase. Why isn’t he a good guy?”

Chase sighs and looks at me in defeat.

“Can I come in?” He asks.

“No,” I say, maybe a bit too harshly, “You can tell me why you dislike DeAndre so much, because he seems like a damn good person to me.”

“He tried to rape my sister Ivy-Reece! She told us.  She said he forced himself on her! We walked in on it about to happen for goodness sake!!!” Chase practically shrieks in my face.

I look at him for a moment before speaking again.

“Did you ever ask DeAndre if that was true? Did you stop to think that maybe, just maybe, your sister was lying? She’s the youngest right? Maybe she wanted to keep being the “sweet angel” of the family or “Daddy’s little girl”. Or maybe she just wanted to save herself from the embarrassment of her brothers and dad walking in on her and her boyfriend about to fuck!! But you never asked to hear DeAndre’s side of the story did you? No, you didn’t.”

Chase looks at me, obviously stunned that I’d stood up for DeAndre.

“Goodbye Chase.” I say, before closing the door in his face.

Short, sweet, and to the point. Comment/Vote/Fan (Constructive comments are much appreciated).

Sidenote: For those of you who thought DeAndre was lying in the last chapter, I promise you he wasn't. ;)