Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning to a very annoying buzzing sound coming from the ground. I pried my eyes open and looked around. The buzzing seemed to be coming from under my sweatpants.

I try to get up but I realize I’m wrapped in DeAndre’s arms, and he has a very tight grip on me. I try nudging him awake gently, but that doesn’t work.

Oh hell,’ I think to myself, ‘This boy sleeps like the dead.

This time around I try elbowing in his rock hard abs. Yes, it works, but my elbow hurts like a bitch now.

DeAndre’s eyes shoot open and he lets go of me. I roll off the bed, wrapping my body in a sheet during the process and crawl over to my pants. DeAndre watches me curiously. I find my phone and almost scream out loud. I have 9 missed calls and 14 unread text messages and all of them are from Chase.

“What’s wrong baby?”

I look up at DeAndre and I realize I’m still on the ground. I quickly get up and go sit by him on the bed.

“Nothing. I’m alright.” I smile at him and kiss his incredibly soft lips.

“I really could get used to going to sleep with you in my arms. But, if you’re gonna wake me up like that every morning I would rather we not sleep in the same bed.  Ever again.”

I smirk at him and shrug while pulling him closer to me. We share a deep kiss and I swear it’s going to lead to a repeat of last night until someone knocks on the door.

We hear Marcella’s voice float through the door.

“Get up you two! I made pancakes!”

DeAndre and I wrench ourselves away from each other and put on our clothes.

I feel so happy that I brought my bag over from Niecy’s house. I don’t have to put on the same clothes I had on last night.

DeAndre comes and grabs my hand. We’re about to walk out the room when I stop and yank DeAndre’s body back against mine.

He wraps his arms around my hips and I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him into simple but meaningful kiss.

“I lost my virginity to you last night.”

It’s quiet for a while so I look up and see DeAndre staring at me.

“What’s wrong?”

“I lost my virginity to you too.”

I’m shocked and I now know why he was staring at me like that. I just can’t find any words to say.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

That one question brings the biggest smile onto my face.

I shake my head yes, and kiss DeAndre again.

He grins at me and picks me, spinning me around in a circle while kissing me back.

“You have no idea how happy you’ve just made me.”

“No,” I disagree, “You have no idea how happy you’ve just made me.”

~*~

After a yummy breakfast of pancakes and bacon, compliments of Marcella Jones, I decide I should be getting home.

DeAndre walks me to my car and kisses me goodbye. After promising him I’ll call him later, I pull off and drive home.

When I get home my Pops is sitting on the couch reading the newspaper. He looks up upon my arrival.