Chapter 14

Ivy-Reece’s POV

Since its Friday my Pops is letting me stay over at Niecy’s place. I’m supposed to be there by eight o’clock. I feel like I need to be there. Like, if I’m alone then I’ll just continue to think about Chase and Janelle in the hallway today at school.

I’m not sure why that’s bothering me so much. I mean, I’m the one who pushed him away…

But I can’t lie. I do miss him a little bit.

That’s okay, though, because he clearly doesn’t miss me. Plus, I’m completely happy with DeAndre’s company.

I think he might ask me to be his girlfriend soon.

If he does, then there will be no hesitation. I’m saying yes.

Before I know it, it’s 7:50. I need to get to Niecy’s house on time so she won’t kill me.

I quickly say bye to my dad, and rush out the house after assuring him I’ll be careful.

I hop in my car and pull off.

The drive to Niecy’s house is approximately fifteen minutes and I get there by 8:05.

Five minutes late. Oh well…I’m sure Niecy will be fine.

I get out the car and knock on Niecy’s front door. I’m just minding my own business, waiting for Niecy to come answer the door, when I happen to glance to my right.

Chase is standing on the porch of the house next door to Niecy’s. He’s staring right at me. Literally, he’s staring at me. It doesn’t even look like he’s blinking, and I swear his eyes look incredibly creepy. Funny, I used to think they were incredibly attractive not even a full week ago.

I start to tap my foot impatiently and knock on Niecy’s door again. I hear footsteps coming now.

I risk sneaking a glance at Chase again and see that he’s stepping into that house.

I wonder who lives there…

Niecy finally comes and open the door.

“Hey girl!” She says, smiling at me.

“Hey girl my ass.” I say with an attitude, elbowing past her.

“What’s wrong with you?” She asks.

“I was waiting out there for like three minutes!”

Niecy gives me a weird look.

“Okay fine!” I scream, “Chase was on the porch on the house next door to yours and he was staring at me! I felt so uncomfortable.”

“Are you serious?” Niecy asks, with a peculiar look on her face.

“Yes. Do you know who lives there?” I ask her.

“No, but I do believe we’re about to find out.” She says, smiling like a Cheshire cat.

“What do you mean?”

“C’mon!” She says, grabbing my hand and pulling out the door.

We rush over Niecy’s yard and into the yard next door. We creep onto the porch and Niecy whispers to me.

“I’m gonna ring the doorbell. When I do, we have to rush over into that bush over there.” She points at a nearby bush that’ll give us a clear view of the front door, but they won’t be able to see us.

“Are you crazy?” I whisper-shout at her.

“Maybe a little.” She whispers back, winking at me.