Chapter 6

I walk into school Monday morning and am immediately ambushed by Niecy.

“OMG! I heard you hooked up with DeAndre this weekend.”

 I don’t even know what to say so I stand there staring at her.

“What? Say something!” She urges impatiently.

 “It’s not true…” I manage to squeak out.

“Well Keisha, who lives in the same building as DeAndre, said she saw you two go into his apartment together and she said y’all didn’t come out for 2 ½ hours! I’m sorry, but that sounds awfully suspicious.”

I can’t even believe what I’m hearing. All I wanna do is go find this chick, Keisha, and beat the shit outta her.

“Look Niecy,” I say, surprised at how calm my voice sounds, “The only thing DeAndre and I did was talk. That’s it. We ended up falling asleep, and when we woke up he took me home. You’re supposed to be my damn friend, and you believe shit that some ghetto jealous-behind bitch is saying about me behind my back. Crap like that really pisses me off. So when you’re ready to be a real friend, let me know.”

I finish what I have to say and walk off to my first period class, leaving Niecy standing right where she is.

~*~

By the time lunch rolls around I’m starving and beyond pissed.

All day long people have been bothering the hell out of me about me and DeAndre. I think I’ve cussed out at least 10 to 15 people. I seriously can’t even handle eating in the cafeteria so I decide to sneak off campus instead.

I manage to get about 3 feet away from being to the front door of the school when someone grabs my arm. I spin around, pissed and ready to snap, when I come face to face (more like face to chest) with Chase.

He has a knowing smirk on his handsome face.

 I look up at him with wide eyes, silently pleading with him to not be a snitch. Suddenly his eyes get a playful glint in them.

“Mind if I join you?” He asks.

 “Not at all.” I laugh, relieved he’s not gonna bust me out.

He slips his hand in mine and we run through the hallway, out the front door, and straight to my car.