Chapter 13

Chase’s POV

It’s Friday. Four days since the incident with Ivy-Reece. I seriously feel like shit. I never even meant to hurt her. Technically, this is really all Dylan’s fault. He should’ve just kept his fucking mouth shut.

I’m sitting in my car, waiting for Dylan and Janine. I hate that I have to drive them to school. I can’t wait until Dylan’s car gets out of the shop. I’ve almost been late everyday this week because of them.

I swear Dylan is worse than Janine when it comes to his looks. I wonder if he knows he’s not Zac Efron.

I sit there mentally cursing Janine and Dylan when they walk out of the house. Dylan gets in the front next to me and Janine climbs in the back.

“It took you long enough…” I mutter.

“Hey, hey, hey!” Dylan yells while I pull out of the driveway, “Beauty takes time.”

“Man, will you shut the hell up?” Janine snarls at him.

“Make me!” Dylan growls back at her.

“Dylan! If you do not stop talking I will shove my foot so far up your as-“

“Hey!!” I interrupt Janine’s very loving statement,” Will you both shut the fuck up before I kick you out my car and you have to walk to school!”

“You wouldn’t.” They say in unison, rolling their eyes at me.

“You wanna bet?” I say pulling over.

Janine’s eyes grow wide and Dylan frowns at me.

“I’m sorry Chasey,” Janine apologizes, using my childhood nickname.

“Yeah dude,” Dylan says, “We’ll shut up.”

“Good,” I say, “Because you will both be walking to school for the rest of the month if you two keep arguing in my car every morning.”

“We’ll stop.” They say in unison.

The rest of the ride is surprisingly peaceful and we arrive to school within ten minutes.

"Love you guys! Thanks for the ride Chasey!" Janine yells as she hops out of the car.

"Love you too!" Dylan and I respond.

We get out of the car and walk into school. You'd think I'd be used to all the stares and whispers my brother and I receive when we're together. But I'm not, and I swear it’s even worse when Janine is around.

Its like people have never seen three siblings with jet black hair and ice blue (Janine), bright green (Dylan), and a weird mix of green and blue (that would be me) eyes. I honestly don't see what the big deal is. I've contributed it to the fact that Dylan and I are football players and Janine is an amazing track star.

"Alright bro. Catch you later." Dylan says.

I only vaguely hear him, though, because I've just spotted the most beautiful distraction on Earth.

Ivy-Reece Hayes.

I think she noticed me before I noticed her, because she was looking right at me when I saw her.

However, as soon as she realizes I’ve spotted her she rolls her eyes and looks away.

It’s at that moment that I decide I can’t do this anymore. I can’t sit here and mope around about Ivy-Reece. She’s been spending all her time with DeAndre anyway. She’s not thinking about me. So I decide to stop wasting my time on her. It’s been a whole week now.