Chapter 26

2 Months Later - July

"Where is she!? Her flight landed ten minutes ago!"

"Calm down love. She'll be here."

"Yeah. Chill Ivy-Reece. You're vibe is making me anxious."

Currently I'm at the airport with Chase and Niecy. We're waiting for my best friend since I was 6, Ebony. She'll be here for two weeks.

I try to calm myself down because I don't want Niecy to be nervous. I got her and Ebony on Skype together last night and they really hit it off. So there really isn't a reason for her to be nervous.

"Look! There she is!" Niecy shouts.

Chase and I both look to where Niecy is pointing and see Ebony walking towards the three of us with her luggage.

I rush forward to greet her and she drops her bags so we can embrace.

When we finally pull apart she hugs Niecy and then Chase.

Chase carries her bags for her and she, Niecy, and I all link arms and start walking to the parking garage.

"How was your flight babe?" I ask her.

"It was too long. I hate flying. It's all worth it now though." Ebony responds.

We make it to my car and Niecy and Ebony climb into the back while I get into the passenger seat and Chase into the driver's seat after putting Ebony's luggage in the trunk.

"Ivy-Reece this car is sooo nice." Ebony gushes.

"Isn't it? I was not expecting something this nice. That's for sure."

"You know what's for sure?" Ebony asks me, "It's for sure that I am so incredibly happy to be here with my best friend, her new yummy vanilla boo, and my new friend."

Chase blushes at her description of him and Niecy throws her arms around her.

"I'm so happy you're here too," Niecy says, "Now it's like I have two sisters."

They embrace and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Three of the most important people in my life are in this car with me, and they all love each other just as much as they love me.

***

"Mr. Hayes!!" Ebony spots my dad as soon as we walk in my house.

"Hey Ebony!" My pops is just as excited to see Ebony as she is to see him.

She was pretty much his second daughter.

"How have you been?" Ebony asks him.

"I've been fantastic. As you can see, this promotion has done Ivy-Reece and I well."

Ebony looks around and notices just how large our house actually is.

"Holy sh-"

"Ebony!!" I quickly cut her off, "Come on so I can show you around and you can put your things in the guest room."

She rolls her lips inwards, obviously trying to hold back a smile, and follows me upstairs to the room she'll be staying in.

"Okay. This is your room, there's an en suite bathroom straight through that door," I point at the door, "and your closet is straight through that door." I point again, "Feel free to put your clothes in there, or in any of the drawers. They're all empty."

"This. Is. Fucking. Amazing." Ebony says in awe.

"You're making me feel rich Ebony. Stop." I laugh at her.