Chapter 2

I wake up on Sunday morning in a horrid mood. I go to my window just to discover that the stupid moving truck is already outside.

"Ivy-Reece!!” I hear my Pops calling me.

I throw on some blue jean shorts and a black tank top and head outside.

"Yeah Pops?" I say to him.

"Start bringing your boxes down to the truck," he says to me, "We've got a long drive ahead of us and we need to get on the road as soon as possible."

Yes, we're driving. All the way to freaking Virginia..

"Okay.” I say, annoyance clear in my tone.

~*~

It only takes us two and a half hours to get the truck loaded and we're on the road by 11 a.m.

For some reason, my father feels the need to give me a pep talk as we're heading onto the express way.

"I know this is hard for you Ivy-Reece, but I need you to try and make the best of this for me. Please?"

Hearing how desperate my Pops sounds, I decide to ease up on him a little. I mean, it's not his fault his job transfered him to stank-old Richmond.

"Okay Pops. I'll try, but don't blame me if I don't succeed."

For some reason he finds that funny, and laughs...All I can do is give him the "Really?" look.

~*~

By the time we get to our new crib in Richmond it's 6:15 p.m. I thank God that there isn't a time difference between New York and Virginia, so there's still time to call Ebony today...Suddenly, it occurs to me that this "crib" is a big-ass two story house. A mansion compared to our tiny condo in Brooklyn.

"Pops," I say, a bit distracted, “Are we renting the upstairs or the downstairs?"

"Neither Ivy-Reece. We own the whole thing. And I’m giving you the master bedroom, since you agreed to be a good sport about this move."

Now that catches my attention.

"For real?!" I practically scream.

He nods.

"Oh my goodness!!" I scream, jumping up and down. "Thank you Daddy! Thank you!"

This is some serious chizz, because I only call Pops "Daddy" if I'm extremely happy or extremely sad.

"Excuse me..." I hear a deep voice say.

I turn around to see a tall, strong, pale-skinned (white) boy with jet black hair and piercing greenish-blue eyes. We make eye contact and I look away.

"May I help you?” my father asks skeptically.

"Yes. My name is Chase Matthews. I saw you guys pull up and I've been wondering who bought this house. So I was wondering if you two could use some help unloading your truck."

My dad looks at me as if he wants me to decide.

"Umm...s-sure." Ugh... I sound like an idiot.

He smiles at me and follows my dad around to the back of the truck.

Since I was so slow all my boxes ended up being the last things loaded so they were towards the front.

"Do you want me to help you bring all your boxes to your room..." He hesitates, not knowing my name.

"Ivy-Reece and yes. Thank you." I say sweetly.

"Okay," he starts taking my boxes out of the truck, "Lead the way Ivy-Reece."

I grab a couple boxes and head to find my room, Chase following closely behind me.

~*~

With the help of Chase, it only took 2 hours to unload the moving truck.

"VeeRee, I'm gonna bring the moving truck to the storage place. It's only 15 minutes away. I should be back in 40 minutes at the most. Start unpacking."

"Alright Pops." I say to him.

My Pops leaves, leaving me and Chase alone.

"So Ivy-Reece...What high schools will you be going to?"

"Ummm... I think it's called Thomas Jefferson High School?"

"Yeah. I go there too. I guess we'll be seeing a lot of each other. What year are you in?"

"Junior."

"Me too." He says shooting me an extremely sexy smile.

I smile back and catch his eyes roaming all over my body.

"Are you single Ivy-Reece?” he says, still distracted by my body.

"Yep. As single as the number 1.” I say to him.

He laughs a quiet laugh and I can't help but wonder if everything about him is sexy.

"Well Ivy-Reece, I got to get home. But I'll see you tomorrow. And I'll show you around. I promise."

"Okay," I say, "Bye Chase."

He leaves and I start unpacking.. By the time I'm done, it's 1:00 a.m. I slowly crawl into my king-sized bed and collapse into a blissful sleep.