Chapter 24

"Did Dr. Mason call you yet?" Niecy asks me.

"Nope," I shake my head, "If she doesn't call me by tomorrow I'll call her."

"It's Friday Ivy-Reece and you went on Saturday. I'm pretty sure they know if you're pregnant or not by now. "

"I'm not the only person who's gone to their office Niecy. They have other people to take care of too. Just chill okay?"

"Fine." Niecy slumps back into her chair and picks up her sandwich.

We're currently in lunch and it’s been six whole days since I went to the doctors' office with Chase. As soon as I got home I called Niecy and told her everything. She was shocked but very supportive. The only thing is that she won't stop bugging me about it now which is making me even more on edge.

"Hey ladies." Chase says sitting in the chair to my left, putting me in between him and Niecy.

"Hey Chase." We say in unison.

"Did the doc-"

"No! She didn't call me alright?! Chill!!" I yell.

"Woah there!" Chase raises his hands in surrender, "I was just asking."

"Sorry," I sigh, "I'm just...stressed."

Chase begins to tell me how I should just relax and focus my mind and energy on other things when I feel a wave of nausea come over me. I cup my hands over my mouth and jump up from the table, effectively knocking over my lunch tray. My open can of coke falls into Niecy's lap and she gasps. I really and truly want to apologize but if I remove my hands from my mouth a lot more than just coke will be in her lap.

I make my way throughout the cafeteria and manage to make it to the bathroom without hurting anyone. Busting into a stall, I drop down onto my knees and puke out the little bit of my lunch that I did get to eat. When I'm confident that I won't vomit anymore I rest my head on the stall wall and take deep breaths. I stay like this for a few minutes before flushing the toilet and mustering the strength to stand up. Before exiting the bathroom I rinse my mouth out at the sink and fix myself up a bit in the mirror.

When I come out I see that Chase is standing against the wall next to the bathroom door. He looks relieved when we make eye contact.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah," I nod my head, "But do you have some gum?"

We begin walking down the hallway and he hands me a piece of gum.

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

"So where's Niecy?" I ask, feeling a bit guilty about spilling my beverage all over her.

"She went to her locker to get her spare pair of jeans. She said to get you and then meet her at the girls' locker room."