Chapter 11

DeAndre’s POV

"Listen chick," I whisper into her ear, "I am not the one you want to disrespect. Don't test me."

She tears her arm out of my grasp, looking beyond pissed. I see her hand coming and not even a second later I feel the sharp sting of her hand across my cheek. I automatically want to hit her back, but I stop myself. I know I've already pissed her off enough, and I don't need to be sent to jail over domestic violence.

“Listen to me Mr. Jones,” she practically growls at me, "If you ever again in your natural life even attempt to put your hands on me I will make sure that you spend time in jail. Don't test me."

With that, she walks off to class, looking like she should be on a runway in Paris, not in a high school hallway in Virginia.

I stand there watching her, feeling extremely torn. A part of me wants to just say “Fuck You Ivy-Reece!” and walk away from what ever the hell it was going on between us. The other part, though, just wanted to run after her and apologize. I wanted to pull her into my arms, beg for her forgiveness, and kiss her full soft lips.

But I couldn’t.

I couldn’t because I know I lost her. Lost her to that stupid prick Chase.

I don’t understand why he won’t just back off. He knows I want her, but no. He just can’t let go of the past. He intentionally wants to me to not have Ivy-Reece because of his damn sister.

But you know what?

I don’t care.

I want her. I want Ivy-Reece, and I know I need to be honest with her.

I take off down the hall, running in the direction she walked. I see her about to enter a classroom and I speed up.

“Ivy-Reece! Wait!”

She looks around, confused, until she sees me.

She stands there impatiently while I quickly catch my breath.

“There’s something I need to tell you.” I say, looking straight into her beautiful almond shaped eyes.

“And what would that be?”

“It’s about Chase.”

“Okay, look DeAndre. I’m not gonna stand here and listen to you talk shit about Chase just because you fucked up. Maybe you should-“

"Maybe you should just SHUT UP!" I interrupt her. "I'm trying to tell you something. Do you not want to know why we don't speak? Why we don't even want to be in each others presence or hear each others names?"

“I do want to know.” She whispers.

“Then come on…”

I take her hand and swiftly pull her down the hall and into the boys’ locker room.

“DeAndre! I…I can’t be in here.”

“Just chill so I can tell you what I have to say.”

“Okay.Talk.”

“Okay...So about a year ago I went out with his sister, Janine.”

“He has a sister?”

I cock an eyebrow at her. “Yeah…and a brother.”

“Oh..” She says, suddenly looking very uncomfortable.

“Anyway...we went out. One night it was just me and her at her house and she was coming onto me a lot. She really wanted to have sex. I wasn’t sure at first, because I didn’t know when her dad, Chase, and their other brother Dylan were going to be home. She convinced me though. We went upstairs to her room, and while we were in the middle of it her dad walked in with Chase and Dylan right behind him.”

I see Ivy-Reece noticeably grimace, and I let out a humorless laugh before continuing the story.

“Dylan and Chase looked shocked and really embarrassed. But her dad, he was pissed. He demanded to know whose idea it was for us to fuck and she blamed it on me. Of course, he believed her. He was against our relationship from the start. So, long story short, Chase’s sister pretty much convinced her dad, Chase, and Dylan that I forced myself on her and now none of them like me. Especially Chase.”

“What happened to Janine? Where is she? Does she go here?”

“Yeah. She goes here. She’s a sophomore.”

“A year under us…”

“Yeah.”

“And what about Dylan?”

“He’s a senior here.”

“Wow... DeAndre. I’m so sorry.”

I shake my head, brushing off her apology.

“It’s not even a big deal. Don’t worry about it.

I can see in her eyes she’s really stressing about it, but she nods her head anyway.

I hesitantly reach my hand out for hers, and she puts her small hand in my much larger one.

“Thank you for trusting me enough to share that story with me.” She says, throwing me a small smile.

I smile back at her and gently pull her closer to me. I lean down and she rises up on her tip toes, quickly closing the distance between our lips.

I swear the chemistry between us is undeniable. Being here right now with her just feels so natural. I know I want her to be mine.

I’m so close to asking her to be my girlfriend, but then the worst thing that could possibly happen at this moment happens.

“Am I interrupting something?”

A/N: So who do you all think it is? Comment and let me know. Should I do a chapter in Chase's point of view too, since I did one in DeAndre's POV?