Chapter 15

FYI: This chapter is a bit steamy not rated R. Promise ;)

I got to DeAndre’s house within twenty minutes and quickly hurried into the correct apartment building. Hurrying up the steps I knocked on his door. A girl, who looked like she was still a teenager herself, opened the door. She had long black box braids and was the spitting image of DeAndre’s mother. She smiled warmly at me.

”You must be Ivy-Reece. Please, come in.”

I smiled back at her and stepped into the apartment.

“I’m Marcella, DeAndre’s older sister.”

“You look just like your mother.” I blurt out.

Damn...I’m so stupid. However, her smile grows even wider.             

“Thank you so much. I swear that is the best compliment I could ever get.

Relief floods through me at the fact that I didn’t upset her.

“Is DeAndre here?” I ask, glancing around.

“DeAndre! Your guest is here!” She calls.

After a couple minutes, DeAndre emerges from the back. When he sees me and Marcella standing by each other, he smiles.

“I see you’ve met Cella.”

I nod.

“Would you believe she’s only eighteen and has had this entire apartment remodeled?”

“Seriously? I squeak incredulously.

“Yeah.” He says nodding.

“What’s your occupation?” I ask Marcella.

“I managed to snag a job as some big time CEO’s assistant. It’s a real live blessing considering the fact I don’t have a college education.”

I gaze at her in awe.

“Do you like the job?” I ask.

“Well,” she hesitates, “The actual job isn’t so bad, but my boss is a fucking prick.”

“Really?” I ask her, genuinely interested.

“Yeah. He acts all high and mighty like he’s better than everyone. I can’t stand him. But the pay is out of this world, so I try not to complain.”

“Wow.  I’m sorry.” I manage to choke out, not really knowing how to respond.

“Don’t worry about it.” She waves her hand dismissively in the air, and smiles at me.

“Come on Ivy-Reece,” DeAndre says, holding is hand out to me.

I quickly walk over to him and grab his hand, allowing him to lead me to his room. Before, we leave the main area I stop and turn back to Marcella.

“It was great meeting you Marcella.” I say with a smile.

“It was great meeting you too Ivy-Reece. And call me Cella, k?”

“Okay…Cella.”

She smiles at me and turns back to watching the TV and DeAndre and I go to his room.

I collapse face-down onto his bed and he closes the door behind us.

“You tired?” He asks me, amusement clear in his voice.

“Nah, just worn out, but I’m fine.” I respond, my voice muffled from having my face pressed into DeAndre’s bed.

“Well could you maybe move out of the middle of my bed?” He says while gently nudging me, “I want to lie down too.”