30

Hongjoong nervously fidgets with his fingers while walking beside Mingi towards the college campus. "Look to the bright side, today you have your last exam!" Mingi reassures him. He hums in agreement but it's clear Mingi's words haven't got to him.

It has been two months since Seonghwa's concert. Today is the day of the last concert in his world tour, meaning that he'll hopefully be back in the country by tomorrow. Ever since that day though, the boyfriends have been video calling each other. Since Hongjoong's exams started however, Seonghwa stopped video calling to let the other study well. Instead, he's been sending text messages of encouragement.

This morning was no different as he got his daily "Good luck!" message early in the morning. The texts brought him a lot of courage, but he still feels nervous. 

"When we're done we can hang out at my house and watch Seonghwa's music videos again to cheer you up! And then we can play games!" Mingi suggests. Hongjoong smiles at this idea. It's been way too long since the friends have spent free time together, too occupied by exams. Wooyoung and San are already finished their exams for the year, so they're resting at home. Mingi is doing the same exam as Hongjoong today but he's the best in the class at the subject, so he doesn't feel nervous at all.

It makes Hongjoong jealous but he manages to ignore it mostly.

"Do you think Seonghwa will release another album after the tour?" Mingi asks, still trying to distract Hongjoong from his panicked thoughts. It works as his face relaxes a bit and he starts to think.

"I guess so, and I can't wait!" He brightens up.

After Seonghwa's concert two months ago, he did receive backlash just as expected. Many "fans" started boycotting him and expressing their outward disgust. Some of the more mature fans accepted him and were happy for him, but the offended ones were louder.

All of the outroar only lasted a week or two though, until Yeosang and Yunho publicly expressed their support. This encouraged other celebrities to also support his brave decision, hence making some fans change their minds. There was a lot of talk about the topic for weeks, but Seonghwa still regained his fans' trust again. In fact, he gained even more fans as he got a lot of attention for being the first big artist to make a huge announcement like this. 

Hongjoong made an effort to keep his boyfriend's mental health in check the entire time but Seonghwa kept insisting that he's fine and that he will never regret the decision he made. Jongho supported him a lot throughout the tough times as he had to be by Seonghwa's side nearly always.

Seonghwa decided to never reveal Hongjoong's identity since it would be too dangerous. Now Hongjoong can enjoy his college life at the same time without getting the unwanted attention while also staying safe from Seonghwa's anti-fan group.

The two boys arrive at the exam hall, causing Hongjoong's nerves to act up again. He chews his lip uncontrollably. When he finds his seat after a lot of searching, he takes a seat and plays with his pen.

"The exam will now commence."

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"How did you do?" Mingi excitedly asks Hongjoong as they both walk out of the exam hall. The older bites his lip for the hundreth time. "Hopefully well enough to pass, what about you?"

Mingi smirks. "I'm pretty sure I did great, so I'm glad!"

Hongjoong and Mingi walk out of the building together, the taller of the two dancing. "My mom has somewhere to be after four o'clock so let's meet up at my house at that time? I'll tell Wooyoung and San too, and then we can all celebrate the ending of our exams!"