5

Seonghwa wakes up with a start. That was the weirdest dream ever- wait, I don't remember reading last night?

He picks up the opened book that lies on his chest, shrugging and brushing off the thought of what he was even doing the night before. After a wide stretch, he wearily lumbers down the stairs. "Are you feeling any better?" Jongho walks out of the living room. Seonghwa flashes him a confused expression. "Yes? Was I not feeling well?" he asks.

"Yes, you even said so yourself" at this point even Jongho's confused. Seonghwa sits down on a chair in the dining room, his head slowly starting to hurt in confusion. He takes out his phone to check his messages. However as soon as he opens up his social media, the first thing he sees shocks him.

"WHAT IS THIS?" he suddenly screams, standing up, making Jongho flinch. "Y-you did that yesterday and when I asked you why you said you felt sick." he cautiously says. It's clear to him that the old Seonghwa is back, meaning he'll have to watch his words again.

Everything around him starts to spin. As if to add fuel to the fire, his girlfriend approaches. "Babe! I hope you're in a good mood today like yesterday~" she annoyingly latches onto his arm. "Let go of me." he says through clenched teeth, still stressed out.

"Aw, you were so nice yesterday for once but I guess that's gone." she pouts, further provoking him.

"Pack your bags and get out. I'm so sick of you and I can't deal with you right now so leave. Also before you ask why, I know you're only pretending to like me because of my fame and money" he hisses, clutching his head. The girl gasps and covers her mouth. "Great, because I was getting sick of your attitude. I hope you stay lonely for the rest of your life." her face changes, taking a complete 180 degree turn on what she was before. She stomps off, but Seonghwa's anger doesn't simmer down at all.

"So it wasn't a dream after all...Jongho, I need to find that boy. I'm not letting him away with this." Seonghwa scarily orders.

"I'm sorry, but which boy?" he timidly asks.

"Kim Hongjoong."

·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"I'm not- wait what?!" Hongjoong nearly falls off the swing he's sitting on. Mingi had found him only a few minutes before. "First let's get you home before you get sick, and then you're going to explain why you were acting so weird yesterday." he worriedly says.

So yesterday did actually happen. I was Seonghwa for a day, and Seonghwa was me.

The pair walk to his house, his mother running up to them. "Joongie! Mingi, where was he?" she worriedly asks. Mingi glances at Hongjoong quickly, thoughts whirring through his mind. If he says the truth, his friend will get into trouble, which he wants to avoid.

"He was at my house! He slept over but I think he probably forgot to tell you." He comes up with an excuse, nudging his friend to go along with it. "Sorry, my phone died so I forgot." Hongjoong shamelessly adds on to the lie. He doesn't even know what Seonghwa did in his body yesterday, so he decides to play it safe for now.

His mother shakes her head in disappointment. "You had me so scared, please tell me beforehand next time." she rubs her hand over her son's hair before retreating to another room.

"Thanks Mingi, I-"

"What on Earth was going through your head yesterday?" Mingi scolds. The two boys sit in Hongjoong's room so that his mother can't hear.

"Mingi...I know you probably won't believe me but I genuinely can't remember." he scratches the back of his head. Mingi sharply gasps. "Were you drinking? I know we all told you to stop being so uptight but we didn't mean getting drunk all alone!" he blurts out.

"No! I didn't drink anything, can you please just tell me what happened yesterday?"

Mingi visibly hesitates and fidgets with his fingers. "Since I'm such a good friend, I'll tell you." Hongjoong rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything to let his friend continue.

"I came to your house early yesterday so that we could go to college together, but instead you came barging out looking terrified. Wait, did you do drugs?" Mingi interrupts his own explanation.

"No! Please just carry on" Hongjoong starts to grow impatient.

"Okay sorry... anyway you started running so I followed you, not knowing where you were running to. Eventually you outran me so I decided to just leave you to it. When Wooyoung, San and I were walking through town at lunch, we saw you running around again. You still looked terrified and asked where your house is. We just laughed it off and teased you, but I had no idea you were actually lost, because the next time I saw you after that you were sleeping in a playground."

Hongjoong stops to think for a few seconds. When Seonghwa ran off early in the morning, he was probably going to his own house. When he wasn't allowed into the house, he tried to get back home to Hongjoong's place but got lost, clearly not remembering the directions.

He must be clumsy...cute.

"Mingi...will you believe what I'm about to tell you?" Hongjoong whispers. Mingi pretends to go into deep thought. "Depends on what nonsense you're about to spout." he cheekily says in hopes of provoking the blue haired boy.

However, he stays calm.

"I think Seonghwa and I switched bodies yesterday."

The next thing that Hongjoong hears is Mingi's incredibly loud laughter. He wipes a tear before slapping his friend on the shoulder.

"Look, that was very funny but doing drugs is really not the way to go." He utters. "I told you I'm not doing any drugs! I'm telling the truth." He shrieks.

"How will you prove it?" Mingi questions. Hongjoong thinks for a while. "First of all I literally can't remember a thing from yesterday, and you even said I was behaving weirdly." he explains, but Mingi shakes his head. "You could be pretending for some dumb prank."

"Fine, what if I told you I know exactly where Seonghwa lives? I know what the inside of his house looks like and-" he breaks off into a whisper. "-I know who his closest friends and girlfriend are."

"How do I know you're not lying?" Mingi still doesn't believe him, having fallen for way too many jokes in the past.

"Have you seen that video of Seonghwa dancing horribly in public? That was me, and I know for a fact the real Seonghwa is probably so mad right now" He covers his face, realisation dawning on him at last.

Mingi had been criticised for being too trusting in the past, but his gullible side threatens to take over once again. He bites his lip in confusion as he starts to believe Hongjoong's bizarre words. "It doesn't make sense though. How would a body swap even happen?"

"I don't know Mingi but you've got to believe me, I'm so confused too and I want to figure out what's going on." He pleads.

Finally, Mingi gives in. "Fine, I'll believe you. If this is some stupid joke then I'm never trusting you again." He crosses his arms with a pout, but Hongjoong is delighted and he jumps onto Mingi for a hug.

Suddenly, a small knock comes from the bedroom door. "Joongie, sweetie? Someone's at the door, they're looking for you."

Hongjoong's heart drops as he sneaks to the window. He immediately recognizes the man at the door's face. 

It's Jongho.