9

"Are you sure I don't look like a child?" Hongjoong worriedly asks Mingi while staring at himself in his long mirror. He picks at his baggy and oversized yellow sweater while eyeing his fluffy blue hair.

"Of course not, you look-"

"Like a baby!" San interrupts Mingi before he gets to finish his sentence, hopping into the room. Mingi flashes him a look, which he simply ignores as he squeezes Hongjoong's cheeks.

"I knew it! What will she think now?" He whines, stressing for no reason again. "You'll be fine! Don't worry about it at all. Also you should go to the cafe first and we'll all come afterwards to make it less suspicious." Wooyoung walks in slowly.

"Okay, but don't look too obvious, it'll be so embarrassing if she finds out that you guys are with me." Hongjoong whines.

"Yeah yeah, now go! We'll get ready now, let's meet at the cafe." Wooyoung ushers the confused boy out the door.

As soon as he's all alone, Hongjoong's nerves really kick in. His legs feel like they'll fail at any moment. He bites his lip nervously while taking out his phone to double check his messages with Jisoo one last time, just in case.

Only after confirming that he has the right time, date and location, he starts to move.

Eventually he arrives at the cafe. His palms start to sweat again. Should he wait outside or wait inside? Suddenly an idea pops into his mind. He'll imagine his friends' reactions to him waiting outside as opposed to inside, and judge based on that.

After seeing the vivid imagine of his friends teasing him, he takes a strong step into the cafe.

He glances around and doesn't see anyone that seems to be waiting for someone. His eyes flick to his watch, and he sees that it's still ten minutes until two. He hesitantly picks a table to sit at, and chews his lip again. He's always been extremely bad at making new friends, his anxiety always getting the better of him.

After five minutes, he hears the bell at the front door jingle. He whips his head around quickly, only to be disappointed after seeing his friends' faces. Not too long later, his mouth drops open.

They all wear matching yellow jumpers, identical to Hongjoong's outfit. To rub salt into the wound, they also wear large sunglasses.

"What are you guys wearing?" Hongjoong hisses to them, trying not to bring too much more attention towards himself. He fails because all eyes are now on the group of the yellow clothed men.

"We don't want to accidentally lose each other so we wore something recognisable but don't worry though, we won't be that obvious." San whispers back, eyeing the room through his glasses suspiciously.

"You idiots are already too obvious." Hongjoong facepalms. "Just sit somewhere far so Jisoo can't see you."

The boys nod and walk away, sitting only a mere two tables away. Before Hongjoong can complain any more, the front door opens again.

His eyes briefly flicker to the door before he looks back when he only sees a man, not a woman.

His attention quickly returns to the door however when he realises just who is here.

Seonghwa?

Hongjoong's face burns up and his heart rate quickens immensely. He looks down and slightly covers his face, remembering that he's still trying to hide from Seonghwa and his lawyers.

He shakes silently for a while, wondering if it's safe to lift his head again yet. When his neck starts to cramp from hanging for too long, he slowly lifts his head. He scans the faces of the people sitting around, and lets out a sigh of relief when he doesn't see Seonghwa anywhere.

His relief is short-lived though when he notices people secretly spying on his table. He shrugs it off and turns back to the seat in front of him, only to be startled.

He starts choking on air and his eyes widen. Why is Seonghwa sitting in front of him?

"I-I'm sorry, someone else was going to sit there." He timidly squeaks. On a normal occasion, there'd be nothing he would want more than to be sitting with the Park Seonghwa. But right now all he could think of is the amount of debt he'll be in when he gets sued...

"Ah, this seat is for Jisoo, right?" He smiles.

"You know her too?" Hongjoong stares in disbelief.

"I'm terribly sorry for catfishing you, but Jisoo is...me."

Hongjoong starts feeling dizzy suddenly. He'd been fooled and now he's going to face his ultimate demise.

The sound of a spoon falling onto the floor spreads around the cafe. Hongjoong and Seonghwa both turn their heads towards the source and to the younger's horror, it's Wooyoung who dropped the spoon. 

He adjusts his oversized sunglasses and whips his head back towards the other boys. "You called your friends?" Seonghwa asks, raising an eyebrow.

At this point Hongjoong's face is red beyond repair and his breathing becomes more rapid.

"N-no! I don't know who they are." He laughs nervously, avoiding eye contact. "Anyways, is there a reason you wanted to meet me?" Hongjoong tries to change the subject. He metally slaps himself when he realises he just brought up the topic he's been trying to avoid for so long.

"Oh yes, I wanted to meet you because..." Seonghwa drifts off. Did he come to sue Hongjoong or did he come only after growing attracted to his appearance? He's kind of cute too...

Seonghwa stands up abruptly, shocked by his very own thoughts. When Hongjoong tilts his head slightly while holding a puzzled expression, unintentionally being cuter, Seonghwa's heart explodes like a firework into a rainbow of colour.

"I need to check something, I'll be right back." He says in a robotic tone, hoping not to reveal how flustered he feels. He rigidly turns and rushes out of the cafe.

As soon as he walks far enough from the cafe, he lets out a sigh. He leans back onto the wall of another building, staring up into the distance.

After a few deep breaths, he tries to get his thoughts together. The image of Hongjoong with an adorable jumper and his precious fluffy hair... it doesn't leave his mind. The way his heart sped up when he was in front of the other boy shouldn't be happening.

"You hate him because he made a fool out of you, you don't deserve this. You don't put up with any sort of defamation, so he'll definitely not get away with this." Seonghwa tells himself. He repeats the words, trying to convince himself.

Hongjoong's soft and sweet voice replays in his mind, it's as if it was cotton candy. So fragile and shakey, the poor boy must have been terrified. He's probably having a tough time all alone right now.

Seonghwa shakes his head again as those thoughts invade his mind again.

It's no use trying to hate the other boy.