29

As soon as the words leave Seonghwa's mouth, more gasps fill the stadium with some screams of horror. It seems like the homophobic fans are starting to show themselves as more fans start complaining. Chatter fills Hongjoong's ears but he can't focus on that. His eyes are glued to Seonghwa's smug expression on the stage. His heart feels like it's going to beat out of his chest. Why would he sabotage his own career like this?

He stares in disbelief as Seonghwa walks away to the jumpy Jongho stressfully grabbing his own hair. The lights of the stadium turn back on and the exits open up, but that doesn't stop the mass of people complaining.

"He really just exposed that already?" Wooyoung's eyes are open widely. It seems like Hongjoong's friends are as shocked as he is.

"I need to talk to him." Hongjoong mumbles, although his voice is drowned out by the endless chatter around him. He quickly starts to shove past the groups of people, not caring about their annoyed scowls. His ears ring both because of the loud music as well as his nerves shooting his blood pressure up. His friends try to follow him as best as they can but get lost with other people.

He eventually reaches the freezing cold and dark outdoors and he starts to frantically search for where Seonghwa's car might be parked.

He runs around and when he notices two body guards standing in front of a large black car, he knows it's the one. He dashes towards it, hoping to meet his boyfriend as he leaves the building.

"Excuse me, you can't be here." A large man in a suit suddenly steps in front of him with his arms crossed. His expression alone tells Hongjoong that he won't tolerate any nonsense.

"Please, I just need to talk to Seonghwa for one second. I won't hurt him, just please!" He desperately pleads, trying to push past the man. "I hope you can meet him one day officially. But there's no way I'm letting you see him, so leave."

Hongjoong feels tears stinging his eyes. What if Seonghwa's career suffers all because of him? He'd hate to ruin the biggest singer in the country indirectly. He'd lose so much money...Hongjoong needs to know the reason instantly before Seonghwa continues his world tour in other countries.

"Please, I promise you can arrest me if I do anything wrong-"

"What's going on?"

Hongjoong hears the familiar voice interrupt him. "Seonghwa!" He shouts out, before the guard clamps his large hand over his mouth. "I'm going to send you to the police if you don't stop." He hisses.

"Hongjoong?" Seonghwa's eyes widen and his face glows again. As soon as he sees a bit of Hongjoong's face, he sprints towards him. With one shove, the guard steps aside. Seonghwa instantly pulls Hongjoong in for a tight hug, taking everyone aback.

"Did you enjoy the show?" He asks into Hongjoong's shoulder, voice muffled. Hongjoong pulls away forcefully, even though he really doesn't want to. "Why did you do that? What was the need to reveal that you have a boyfriend?" He shouts, tears blurring his vision.

Seonghwa widens his eyes in surprise first, but then a warm smile settles on his face. "Why wouldn't I? I love my fans enough to share how I just met the man I love and care about the most." He places his warm hand onto Hongjoong's frozen cheek. "I want the world to know that I'm taken by the most perfect person I could ever hope for."

Hongjoong's words get stuck in his throat. He stares into Seonghwa's large, shiny eyes with a stunned expression. His mouth opens and closes like a fish as he tries to force some words out.

"I just love you too much, okay?" Seonghwa leans forward and places a gentle kiss on Hongjoong's soft lips. "I love you too..." Hongjoong's face burns up again. He can't take his eyes off Seonghwa's.

"Wait for me until the tour is over, alright?" Seonghwa pulls Hongjoong in for a tight hug again. This time Hongjoong lifts his arms to return the hug. "Alright." He smiles while nestling his face into the crook of Seonghwa's neck.

Seonghwa pulls away when he hears Jongho's shouts. "The fans might see, come on!" He whines. He stares at his boyfriend one last time before turning away. He walks towards the car without even waiting for Jongho. He knows that if he turns around and sees Hongjoong with his rosey cheeks one more time, he won't be able to leave. He gets into the car slowly, half wanting to turn around and sprint back into Hongjoong's arms. All he can think about right now is the blue haired boy who'll have to patiently wait for weeks.

Jongho jumps into the car beside Seonghwa with an irritated expression. "You never listen to a thing I say, your mother must have had such a hard time raising such a disobedient child." He mumbles while fumbling with his seatbelt.

When he gets no sarcastic remark in return, he turns to look at the singer. He notices Seonghwa silently staring out the window at some trees and bushes. He looks a bit emotional. Jongho can understand why, he just started dating Hongjoong and now he'll have to spend a few months away from him.

"By the way...although it was incredibly stupid of you, I'm really proud of you for today. It must have taken some courage." Jongho quietly says, placing a hand on Seonghwa's shoulder.

"Just be prepared for some backlash. But you didn't do anything wrong, I'm impressed by you for being so honest with your fans."

Seonghwa shuffles a bit and turns towards his manager. He smiles sadly. "There's a big chance my career will end forcefully now, but I hope that doesn't happen. I hope that instead, I can bring a little bit of a change in mindset within the general public." He laments.

Jongho smiles wider and pulls Seonghwa in for a hug.

"I'm really proud of you."

A/N
In case you couldn't tell, we're dangerously close to the end now
:( Only one more chapter to go </3