8

"What were you doing on your phone during the lecture?" Mingi asks Hongjoong as they walk out of the lecture hall. Usually the boys would go for lunch together now, but today Hongjoong and Mingi make their way toward his home. Hongjoong's big bucket hat and face mask cover up most of his features, leaving only his eyes peeping out. However those are also difficult to see as his fringe covers them.

He keeps his head ducked low, still cautious about Seonghwa or his manager recognising him. "I can't tell you right now but as soon as we get to my house I'll tell you everything. Something happened last night too." He mumbles.

Mingi silently nods his head, wondering how serious the situation is going to be. The boys walk in silence for a while, slowly reaching the house. San and Wooyoung have another class right now, but as soon as that's done they'll also go to Hongjoong's house. The boys all decided earlier to spend their lunches at Hongjoong's home since he can't be outside too much, although the two boys still don't know why.

After they both enter the front door and relax in the living room, Hongjoong slowly takes out his phone while slipping his face mask off.

"Are you going to tell me what happened yesterday?" Mingi asks. "Yes, it's on my phone." Hongjoong responds.

He takes a deep breath before turning the phone screen to Mingi.

His eyes widen and he lets out a small gasp. "Seonghwa texted you?" He screams. His eyes scan lower through the messages and he releases an even bigger gasp. "And you blocked him without even responding?!" 

"I panicked, okay?" Hongjoong shamefully hangs his head. "Is that who you were texting in class?" Mingi asks.

"No. I'll say who I was texting when San and Wooyoung arrive." he sheepishly says. "Why don't we play some videogames in the meantime?" Hongjoong suggests while holding up a controller. Mingi rolls his eyes but gives in and grabs the other controller.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"Our Joongie was approached by a girl?" San shrieks as soon as Hongjoong tells his friends about Jisoo.

His face starts to turn red. "Why are you making me sound so lonely?"

The boys ignore his question and Wooyoung starts to lean over onto Hongjoong's shoulder. "Since you're not into girls can you introduce me to her?" He adds a wink to the end of his question.

"All I'm asking for right now is advice! Should I meet up with her? What if she's a catfish? What if Jisoo is actually a kidnapper?" Hongjoong's mind starts running speedily.

"I'm sure she's not a catfish. Joongie, what did we tell you about being so overly cautious?" San lightly punches his arm. To Hongjoong's surprise, Mingi also slaps his shoulder. His "most sensible" friend.

"There's probably a low chance that she's a catfish. She said she lives in the same area, didn't she? How else would she know that if she didn't see you in real life before?" Wooyoung says carelessly. "She could easily be lying!" Hongjoong grows frustrated, but his friends shake their heads.

Warning signals still blare inside Hongjoong's brain, but the way his friends look at him makes him feel small. He decides to make them happy by agreeing to meet Jisoo.

"Fine, I'll get coffee with her..." He bashfully scratches his head while his friends cheer in joy.

"Can I come?" Wooyoung excitedly shouts. "Me too!" San raises his hand, and Mingi quietly lifts his arm beside San as well. 

"But wouldn't that make Jisoo uncomfortable?" Hongjoong worriedly fidgets with his fingers. 

"Please let us come! We'll stay away from you guys, I just want to see what she looks like in real life. Photo editors can be really decieving." Wooyoung begs.

"Fine, but we have to pretend like we don't know each other." Hongjoong gives in, desperate to satisfy his friends. They cheer once again. He lets out a sigh, increasingly getting worried for the future now.

What is he getting himself into? He's supposed to be in hiding from Seonghwa because of legal issues, but now he just planned to meet an internet friend one day after starting to talk to her.

His life could change forever once he meets her, whether it'll be for the better or the worse? Only time will tell.

While his friends make plans in the background, he slides his phone back out again.

Joongie1117
Hey, I thought about it
for a while and I think it'd
be great to meet up with
you! What time and day suits?

Jisoo.o
That's great! I'm free this
Sunday, so what about
2pm on Sunday at
Wonderland cafe?

Joongie1117
That's perfect, I'll see you there!

Hongjoong turns his phone back off and notices his friends have quietened down to calm conversation. "Sunday at two, Wonderland cafe." He simply states, seizing everyone's attention instantly. "Thank God she chose a weekend, we don't need to skip any classes for this." Mingi lets out a sigh of relief.

"Since when does skipping class even matter." Wooyoung scoffs, and Mingi eyes widen. "No wonder why you and San are so dumb." He condescendingly looks down at them.

"Hey, I don't even skip class!" San complains. "Oops." Is all Mingi says in response, shrugging.

They all suddenly break out into argument and Hongjoong lightly shakes his head with a smile on his face. He thinks about meeting a new friend for the first time in years and his nerves start to subtly act up, leaving a slight, lingering feeling of anxiety in the back of his mind.

But he can't deny it, he's getting excited along with his friends.

"Since Sunday is only in two days, why don't we pick out an outfit for our little Joongie?" San suggests. "I told you not to call me that." Hongjoong growls in return.

"What, 'little'? But that's exactly what you are!" San looks down at Hongjoong, flaunting his mere two extra centimetres of height with his chest puffed out. This results in a smack on his arm from Hongjoong, but the atmosphere is still light and everyone laughs along.